Thread: How to download chinese software in English

How to download chinese software in English

I downloaded various apps. from a chinese sight( simplified chinese) I go to install it and it is in chinese, how do I switch to English so I know what Iam doing?

Unless it already supports English, you don't. If you want to be able to understand it to find out, get a book and start reading. You would be better off downloading the English version (assmunig there is one), or forgetting the whole thing.

I do want to know one thing:
    You downloaded the software from a Chinese site, and were surprised when the software was in Chinese. What exactly did you expect?

They have a nice english-Chinese, vsa versa translator at download.com. I'm not sure it works on programs but it works on files, like readme files. So that might help you out. Good luck.

No, I'm pretty sure it won't do that. There are translators out there that translate web pages too. Altavista has one. Translating a text file isn't that hard. But a program that will translate a program? That's a lot different. There are translators out there where you can punch in the text, and have it translated to other languages, but I don't know of any out there that support Chinese. If you find one that does, you can do that, but I think it would be a pain to have to translate everything when using the program.