View Poll Results: Which do you prefer???

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kazaa

5 31.25%
  • Morpheus

11 68.75%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what os?

I personally use Win2k and Mandrake Linux 8.1 on my desktop, but I only use Win2k on my laptop, why ? Because...linux doesn't work fine with my laptop !

I am using a Twinhead laptop, Linux can't detect the Ir port, and there's some problems with the display.

If anyone out there have the solution for my laptop, please tell me, I want to use Linux...

Well, I gotta admit that Windows is easy...

\_\_ OxyGen _/_/
    / \

I will stand behind *inx any ole day but i must confess much no mydissmay we do live in a "windows world"

I stick to BeOS, with *NiX at its tail. And there are several new OSes out there which I'd love to test, I already took a look at QNX and it was pretty much ok, AtheOS gets goods points from what I saw, still need to check out PetrOS. All those seem to have great potential, and just because not everybody uses them does that mean that they're no good.

PS: how come noone mentioned OS/2 yet?
    Q: Why do ducks have big flat feet?
    A: To stamp out forest fires

Q: Why do elephants have big flat feet?
    A: To stamp out flaming ducks

Win 98 on one machine, Win 2K on another, and am building a machine now to install Mandrake 8.1 on.

Every box on my network runs one form of debian or another, from slink to sid. I dual boot w2k as well - is that a problem hehbris?

I dual boot both XP Pro and Debian on all the boxes on my network. Except my proxy server, which runs either Win2k server or NT 4.0 ...as for my favorite OS, I enjoy using RedHat. Unfortunately the only distro of Red I have right now is an old 4.x copy

here was another post that asked the same question
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Question a tough issue

having used many different OS's over the years... i have come to the conclusion that the Commodore 64 OS is without a doubt the simplest and easiest OS to use

sure its a little slow and a little unconventional in todays technological society but who can give me an example of an OS relient on only one code

load "*" ,8,1

this one will do it all baby
    of all the things i\'ve lost.... i miss my mind the least...

I run Windows 2000 Advanced Server..
    I've kept with it for quite a while, and found it very nice, once patched *it wasn't very nice unpatched*

Now that my studies have finished, I'm gonna start trying to learn Linux... already got me a book to read while I'm on holidays...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Windows 98 SE
    Red Hat Linux 7.2
    Windows XP