Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

9 64.29%
  • Bad Idea

5 35.71%

Thread: fav *nix/linux

fav *nix/linux

what is everyone's favorite flavor of *nix/linux for an average day of using the box? I like Red Hat...
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

I'm a Red Hat person myself, but my not-so-experienced opinion probably doesn't count much, seeing as the only other release I have tried is Mandrake.

Talking Fav *nix/Linux

I think any Unix or Linux can be good, even Windows to an extent. You just need to configure it right. I like Mandrake for all the pretty bits and Slackware for serious stuff.

Suse 7.3 rocks

J.

Banned
    Red Hat but I have a freind who swears by FreeBSD.

I'm also a red hat kinda guy, but of course the only other flavor i've checked out is solaris, and that is a shell account, so many probably wouldn't even count that.....
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"

Thumbs up

Mine is FreeBSD

btw FreeBSD is *not* Linux it is a Free BSD Unix

Nice signature, psi0nic...

A friend of mine read it and din't find it at all funny... I guess the level of humour on this site needs a certain appreciation of sarcasm, satire, and just general wit!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

cF_nM why is SuSE not in the poll?

Unhappy

I'm sorry-I forgot to add suse to the list I wish i could add it now....
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]