Thread: Linux Advise need help

Linux Advise need help

Need to know i can get linux for 5.00 but its version 4.0 should i take it or go with the store and buy latest version

depends...
    If you know stuff about linux already and just want to get a system up & running, not really bothered about all the graphical frontends and latest software etc. then go for it

But if you havent tried Linux before, or if you want top-of-the-range stuff, go for aboxed version from a shop - you usually get free tech. support with 'em to help you set it up and install it and so on!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

you can if you are a cheap bastord like me download the iso image and burn it to a cd. you can pick this up from there ftp site

Linux is about kernel 2.4 (?). There is no version number for Linux. There are version numbers for comerical releases of the linux kernel with software bundles. So version 5 of what or who's release. ( Not that it matters.)
    . . . the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. - Anatole France