Thread: port 666

port 666

Im was running Win98 and I did a scan that said port 666 was open, I close all programs except for Explorer and ran the scan again, still open. I've heard Satanz trojan uses port 666 but im having trouble finding a cleaner or a test to find out if i have Satanz trojan on my comp. Any sites I can go to that might have a text about how to check, or a fix?
    A buttered piece of bread always lands butter side down;
    A cat always lands on its feet;
    A cat with a buttered piece of bread strapped to its back hovers feet above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

get The Cleaner from http://www.moosoft.com/

finds and removes just about every trojan
    Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune

You might give www.anti-trojan.org a try.
    \"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he,himself,does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss,the abyss also gazes into you\"

Friedrich Nietzche

Make sure the cleaner you get takes care of attack FTP, back construction, Cain & abel, Satanz Backdoor, ServeU and Shadow Phyre, all of which use port 666.

Hi mom!
    You said you closed all programs, did you include games? If memory serves me right, ID Software uses that port too (Doom, Quake).

Like Homer said, Moosoft has an excellent trojan remover. Furthermore, you would be wise to add or update a virusscanner on your computer: you could try McAfee , Symantec / Norton or ThunderBYTE for example. Most Virusscanners have free or trial versions.

Re: port 666

Originally posted by pakbehl
    Im was running Win98 and I did a scan that said port 666 was open, I close all programs except for Explorer and ran the scan again, still open. I've heard Satanz trojan uses port 666 but im having trouble finding a cleaner or a test to find out if i have Satanz trojan on my comp. Any sites I can go to that might have a text about how to check, or a fix?

Here is what u query for

port 666 Attack FTP, Back Construction, Cain & Abel, NokNok, Satans Back Door - SBD, ServU, Shadow Phyre

The Port is used by the above trojans so u must clean them as soon as possible or else u will be in big trouble, i recommand u to use Jammer the best tool against trojans and its very useful for network security.

If u want to remove the trojan get this software

Tauscan and Taumon.

These two are the products of Agnitum, u can find them on there sites.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------___

In Every Digital Circuit There Is An Analog Circuit Screaming To Come Out.

Originally posted by Guus
    You said you closed all programs, did you include games? If memory serves me right, ID Software uses that port too (Doom, Quake).

Like Homer said, Moosoft has an excellent trojan remover. Furthermore, you would be wise to add or update a virusscanner on your computer: you could try McAfee , Symantec / Norton or ThunderBYTE for example. Most Virusscanners have free or trial versions.
    I thought a game was a program.
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Hi mom!
    In every single sane definiton of a program, it is. Then again, I used to work at a helpdesk.

well, it turns out it was attack FTP, scary. Thanks for the help ppl.
    A buttered piece of bread always lands butter side down;
    A cat always lands on its feet;
    A cat with a buttered piece of bread strapped to its back hovers feet above the ground in a state of quantum indecision