Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Old Maxtor!!! Help!!!

Yea, i had that problem, its the damn motherboard, it cant detect the full drive, and MaxBlast doesnt work, so i had to limit my drive to 32 gigs, instead of the full 80. But my new motherboard shuld fix that problem nicely

Older motherboard have barriers of 2.1, 8.4, 13, 30 GB and currently, 137 GB is the new barrer for new systems (even if Maxtor have invented the BIG DIRVE technology). Mine is 13 GB, and however, no point since I'm wait for the 64-bit age to pop-up (which won't be far), when Intel Pentium 5 and AMD Althon Somthing finally deliever 64-bit CPUS (true 64-bit).

Right now, the only processer that's 64-bit (from either one of these largest chips manufactures) is Intel Itainum (somthing) processer, which is like thousands of dollars. This processer support GBs of RAM, Terrabytes of HD....etc VERY POWERFULLL!!!!!

Right now, I just have to make my system stop recovering the Bad Sectors and install windows 95.

Thank you and I'll try my new copy of Corel Linux SE. Also, I tried a Maxtor 30 GB HD, I can't even get my system pass the first screen (where the memory check and devices a decteted).

Originally posted by lawrence171
    Older motherboard have barriers of 2.1, 8.4, 13, 30 GB and currently, 137 GB is the new barrer for new systems (even if Maxtor have invented the BIG DIRVE technology). Mine is 13 GB, and however, no point since I'm wait for the 64-bit age to pop-up (which won't be far), when Intel Pentium 5 and AMD Althon Somthing finally deliever 64-bit CPUS (true 64-bit).

Right now, the only processer that's 64-bit (from either one of these largest chips manufactures) is Intel Itainum (somthing) processer, which is like thousands of dollars. This processer support GBs of RAM, Terrabytes of HD....etc VERY POWERFULLL!!!!!

1) There are quite a few 64 bit processors out there, just not from Intel or AMD, and not widely available for the desktop. Many RISC processors are 64 Bit, like Sun's Sparc processor.

2) I'm surprised at the number of people who are too young to have lived with drive size limitations. It wasn't that long ago, y'know. I feel like an oldtimer and I'm only 20!
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

THANK YOU!

I have just contacted MAXTOR TECH SUPPORT and they also recommand me to LOW-FORMAT (OR SOMETHING) my HD. Well, for the 64-bit things, I was talking about it because I want it cheap. I don't wanna spent thousands of dollars on it, I want it to be cheap. As cheap as the Althon XP processers of today!!!!

Of course, 64-bit system will also need 64-bit everything (which are very rare today), lets hope Creative, Microsoft, Corel, *nix community, hardware manufacture will enter the 64-bit age very soon!!!

HELP Again! This dame old thing. I tried to low-format it (re-write the whole thing with 0s) but still, it wouldn't work. During the high-level format, it is still trying to recover all the bad sectors!!!!

give it up man! if you want it cheap, go to a computer show and by a refurb mach for 35 bucks.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”