Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Netscape 6.2

Originally posted by stflook
    Do tell, how is Opera's interface confusing? I like it better than Netscape's, as it doesn't have all the crap you don't need. Opera is a great "cut the crap" browser, as compared to Netscape, which forces all kinds of garbage on you that you don't need.
    This post sums it all up. I fail to see how Operas' simple and basic interface could be considered confusing.

Re: Why Netscape 6.2

Originally posted by lawrence171

It is now faster than IE 6 and faster then Netscape 4.7. (even with the cache disabled in this version) Also, now, it remembers your password for you and automatically fills the stuff in (instantly, while IE needs you to tell it to), but of course, those informations are encrypted and secured by a password...
    Actually having netscape remember my passwords without prompting me seems like a horrible mistake. This isnt a default setting is it? Someone who knows what they are doing can now get access to our info easier thanks to netscape. For this they should be working with Microsoft. It seems they have similar goals. Also Ive been using netscape with mandrake linux 8.1 lately, and it makes the internet an incredibly slow experience. No cache means that even when you push the back button on the browser, it has to reload the page. It is especially a pain here on AntiOnline. Sometimes I have to wait 2 minutes to reopen a page I was just at. I do not have high speed internet so this is really annoying. Even when I use my school's T1 this site takes a little while to navigate. By the way do they make Opera for Linux, and what are other good browsers for linux?
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Lightbulb

Offcourse you should pick what you like as a browser. And I pick security, If I need to run wintel I have netscape as a browser and for e-mailing. I'm not gonna use windows. It's like inviting all those ****ing worms that have been on a rampage lately. Besides I get that crap every day and netscape's mail program stops them all.

Dont laugh at me since I did just start using mandrake 8.1, but I just noticed that Opera was part of the package I installed. Im using it now and I have to say I am impressed. The user interface is a lot easier to understand than that of netscape 6.2. The option to tell other computers to identify you as either msie 5.0, opera, or mozilla(5.0, 4.76, 3.0) is a great touch. It downloads pages about twice the speed of netscape 6.2 and I say that it would give internet explorer a run for its money if not for the big advertisement bar.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

I just started using 6.2 and so far it's ok but as for rem passwords mine is just like Ie it ask(just say no) but I do like opera best.
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

Post Browser to browser

I used to use netscape but I have found opera to be better. The interface is a tad strange at first but that's because it isn't like IE or netscape. I use the mouse commands alot, they rock. The only thing I dont like in it is the lack of profiles but I have heard that they're in beta 6.