I just thought I would add a little tidbit about Winblows 95/98 that a friend showed me about a year ago I think this might also work on ME and maybe even XP...I haven't tried it on them.

Windows 95/98 recognizes only 254 characters, but DOS recognizes 255 characters. You can use this to your advantage. You could make a new folder or file in Windows or DOS-really doesn't make a difference-and then rename it in DOS with the following command: rename <folder or file name> <press and hold alt while typing 255><new file name> Now that you renamed this file or folder with the 255th charcter in front of it, Windows won't and can't recognize, including any Win32 programs that you run on it. In DOS, the character looks like a space, and in Windows Explorer, it looks like a _. If you do a search on your HD using the Windows find, then it won't see it. If you try to open it using Windows Explorer-you can see the file/folder-but it won't allow you to open it. If you try to open it, it will say something like this file/folder doesn't exist.

What does this mean? You can easily and very effectively hide any folders and/or files that you wish. Have 'phun' experimenting with this........