Thread: How to remove Opera adbar?

How to remove Opera adbar?

This question is from all Opera browser users to Ankit and all those who can help. Opera browser has a free version which has an ad-bar at the top left. Anyone got any idea how to remove it? How can we remove it manually or if someone knows of a link where a crack-patch is available to remove it? Please help. Thankx very much. micromonster@hotmail.com

you can fix the ads by going here...

Opera without Ads

This is the kinda thing that annoys me...

If I need to use a good program only once or twice, I will find a crack..
    I do use warez n cracks...

But I don't use them for software that I want to use a lot..
    I can't justify having to pay $30, $50 or whatever, for something I'll use only once...
    But if its a program that I going to be a critical part of my computer usage, I will buy it.. or deal with the advertisments that are put in it for the company to make money.. They are giving you a good product for free, it costs you nothing, and makes them a bit of money...

Either put up with the fricken advertisements, or buy the bloody program....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Hi mom!
    The Opera-banner isn't even that misplaced - it hardly bothered me when I was using Opera. Just like Qualcomm's Eudora - I'm happy to watch some banners in exchange for using the program - especially if the banners are placed there where they don't interrupt normal usage of the program. Wonderful concept: I can use the program, no charge, and the authors get paid regardless...

I wonder when we get the question: "How can you get rid of the banner on top of the antionline homepage?" Should only be a matter of time...

Originally posted by Guus
    The Opera-banner isn't even that misplaced - it hardly bothered me when I was using Opera. Just like Qualcomm's Eudora - I'm happy to watch some banners in exchange for using the program - especially if the banners are placed there where they don't interrupt normal usage of the program. Wonderful concept: I can use the program, no charge, and the authors get paid regardless...

I wonder when we get the question: "How can you get rid of the banner on top of the antionline homepage?" Should only be a matter of time...
    yeah Guus has got a point, i see nothing wrong with getting an ad sponsered version of software, or if there isn't one and i need to use it once or twice, using a crack. However the people who make opera seem quite reasonable.....they make good, quick,small software that works on a number of platforms and ask either you accept some advertising....or buy it, i mean come on...they do need to make money its just that they are giving you a choice of how to do it.
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.

hey there...

try using Outpost...its a firewall that also stops ads...might work...haven't tried opera since i installed Outpost...um...can't remeber the url...do a search on google....

You ingrate!

Opera is too cool to lose it's banners. They are cached, and hardly even take up any noticable bandwidth because of the way they cycle! Some people might say they use the Cydoor technology which is considered Ad-ware to some degree, but the Opera guys say that they have only used code that was vetted-by themselves)

Programs that deserve respect because they do their ad-based job well, and the company's employees need to eat:

Eudora
    Opera

... Not ICQ. That's AOL, and they updated it to banners without even telling people in advance or giving them a choice. Despicable. Who has the lowest UIN here? Mine is below 3,000,000.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency