Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oracle CEO Claims Servers Unhackable

Oracle CEO Claims Servers Unhackable

Oracle's (in)famous chief executive Larry Ellison is in the media spotlight once again after claiming the Oracle 9i database and application systems are "unbreakable." At his keynote speech at Comdex last week, Ellison stated that hackers would not be able to penetrate servers running the company's software, and boasted that the Oracle.com web site has successfully handled thousands of attacks daily. He also criticized Microsoft's Exchange servers for their numerous security vulnerabilities, and is encouraging businesses to use Oracle 9i as a mail server instead. Typical Ellison stuff - of course, many wonder whether it was such a bright idea to claim the software is completely unhackable, since that'll just encourage people to try and prove him wrong. To date, there haven't been any serious Oracle 9i holes - i'll keep you updated when that changes.

Remote_Access_

You know, I feel really sorry for the programmers at Oracle. I hate it when management makes promises or sets timeframes that are unrealistic.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Originally posted by chsh
    You know, I feel really sorry for the programmers at Oracle. I hate it when management makes promises or sets timeframes that are unrealistic.
    yeah true....its really annoying, but you got to give it to Ellison,he gets all this free publicity and if someone does hack oracle, then im sure he'll try to pay them off and just fix the bug
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.

Talking

I also remeber someone saying that the Titanic was "unsinkable"........

if someone does hack oracle, then im sure he'll try to pay them off and just fix the bug
    That would be dumb of him. I would bet that he would have the guy arrested and say he was conspiring with Oracle employees to create a bug, he would then pull some crap about how the oracle site was using a new test version of the software that was sabotaged by the said conspirators, he would then say that they are investigating or that they have already prosecuted the offenders (which would be a lie but no one would know.)
    But thats just a theory.
    A buttered piece of bread always lands butter side down;
    A cat always lands on its feet;
    A cat with a buttered piece of bread strapped to its back hovers feet above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

Wouldn't it be nice to post the SOURCE, RA?

To date, there haven't been any serious Oracle 9i holes - i'll keep you updated when that changes.
    Hey, you edited the last part from 'we'll' to i'll... So you're taking credit for it? You were afraid we'd find out that it wasn't your writing because it said we'll on it?

Edit:
    ...To be fair, you usually mention the source, I'm just pissed at a variety of totally unrelated things and it is seeping through...
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Angry

All of Remote_Access_ posts have been cut and pastes (or in this case-cut, edit, paste) from hideaway but I didn't want to say anything.

But now the "cat is out of the bag" so to speak

It makes me sick of hearing managment say crap that is unknown......but this is life

Talking

Could it be that Remote_Access_ and KaKoKool are the same person?

Hey, you edited the last part from 'we'll' to i'll... So you're taking credit for it? You were afraid we'd find out that it wasn't your writing because it said we'll on it?

Yes, i did edit the last part because I will keep you informed if and when a "hack" or vulnerabilitie is fount in the Oracle 9i database.
    Also, i'm glad to see the some of you've read these post that i've got from Http://www.hideaway.net but those of you that haven't been there, and are interested in security, that is a good place to find information.

Remote_Access_