Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computer Heroes

ok, think what you want, I am not gonna argue bout JP. He couldn't keep AO secure and if you can't do that to you're own page then what about others? And btw CNN says, well any moron who can crack/do credit card fraud using downloadable programs is called a "hacker" or a "whizkid", not that he has done so, the media knows zip and calls anybody hacker etc.. Well here in Holland the maker of the Kournikova virus whas honored by the mayor and offered a job as chief networking security. The idiot cannot even compile a few lines in VB. Still the media call it a hacker.

>Meinel does have skill, she has managed to keep Happy Hacker alive without anybody gaining root.
    >Jobs didn't provide jack to all of us. He stole everything from PARC read the book Fire in the Valley it's 90% accurate. The engineers at Xerox and professor Doug Engelbart are the people we should thank for gui. Doug showed the first computer with a mouse and icons in 1965.

>John Draper aka capt crunch
    first phreaker used a wistle as a phone dialer for all u phreakers out their
    True altough he got that info on the whistle from Danny, some genius blind kid who knew how to **** over the US phone system. Crunch did more of the work and built the blue box and eventually landed in jail twice.

And last but not least, PChelp, well he is right because Lockdown has been proven not to work, not only by CNet reviewers but also by the maker of the Liberator who happens to be an expert on trojans. I did a little testing of my own and Lockdown tells you pay or he will not remove the "trojan" he has found, well there is no trojan. Paris just wants money for a crappy program.

I would find a cute cheerleader and interview her and see what she has done for the computer world...
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead