Thread: the mentor

the mentor

Hi,
    Well of course we have all heard the notorius speech by the [MENTOR] titled the mentors last words.
    I was just curious if anyone really knows anything about him. Like what he did or why he is so famous.
    Pick up any book about hacking, and he is mentioned. He was if nothing else, a great writer, as his speech touches everyone of us who as ever aspired to be more that just another person caught in a daily rut with nothing more on our minds then whether we got the top draft for out professional football team, with atheletes not even from our area, and has taken to technology, to excel where others cannot.
    But what happened to him? Did he get caught? Is he now forty five with three kids and an old 286 still working with win 3.1. That of course is a joke and maybe i just haven't been around long enough to know of his legend. But if you know would you please enlighten me.
    thanks
    ---blayde---

The Mentor is prolly one of the greatest and most well known hackers of all times. Now no one really knows what he did or what happened to him at this point (as far as i know).... because he became sort of a urban legend and rumors of him spread like wildfire. i did have the honor of speaking to him on a forum once. at that time he was hacking some heavy machinery and such. the thing that made him great was that he was one of the first "elite" hackers. he was doing it before it was "cool." he did it for the love of knowledge. word is though, that he hacked some major heavy machinary (as in possiby gov and such) and the reason why he is gone is cause he just retired. he still is interested and stuff, but everyone retires sometime

Thanks for the response.....Yeah I looked into it a little and well he has written some damn good tutorials. I think he was part of the LEGION OF DOOM. Well enough of this. He is gone now, but i am glad that he gave us what he did.

You can read an interview @ http://www.elfqrin.com

"The Mentor, handle of Loyd Blankenship. Elite hacker and former member of the Legion of Doom, the PhoneLine Phantoms, the Racketeers and Extasyy Elite. Writer of the legendary "Conscience of a Hacker" (The "Hacker's Manifesto"). "