Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid Questions

Unhappy can someone hack msn

so i could get some work done without being botherd by 40 year old males pretending to be 16 year old girls...
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Lightbulb

Good points, gents...but keep in mind who here didn't ask a stupid newbie question here and there?
    Hi guys,
    as a newbie i was under the impression that this website was full of useful contributors and information. I am new to this and do not have a quarter of the knowledge/experience that some of you seem to and so in order to learn, maybe we will ask questions that you feel are dumb because of the knowledge you have.
    I am a bit older than twenty something so my experience will hopefully not lead to lame hack hotmail questions.. Maybe these people should be pointed to script kiddie sites?
    I personally am very interested in network/computer security and find that everyone is helpful if they feel you are genuine. Yes i may ask a dumb question now and again but i hope not to, but if so then a gentle pointer in the right direction would help

I am very impressed with the knowledge you all have and would like to work hard and be up there with the best, and hopefully in years to come i can help any newbies myself but being able to tip my hat to all of you helping myself and others inthe first place!!!
    Keep up the good work and the sharing on such a blindin' site!
    Thanks all
    DaveH
    -----------------------------
    it\'s all 1001011001 to me!

There will always be those who ask stupid questions. Let them ask, flame the hell out of them. The'll go ask someone else until they find some one who doesn't flame them or they learn on their own. I say stop worrying about it and just let them ask tell their blue. Then flame them and move on.

I remember myself asking many questions when I started moving away from useing a computer for anything besides surfing the net and games. I asked many a dumb question until I took it upon myself to learn instead of asking to be led through the computer world.

Just my two cents worth, eh. Peace out.
    Those who are awake all live in the same world.
    Those who are asleep live in their own worlds. -Heraclitus

All Your Base!

Post Heh

Nice post s0nIc. I agree totally. A hackers mentality is to learn and act upon himself. And yet have the abilty to be taught when needed. To teach when needed. And to act when needed.

Lates.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Nasties

I laughed at the Alt+F4 (hotmail) thing.....

And suddenly remembered the dumb trick they play on newbies with 'CU-See-Me' (and similar).

Question: Where can I find naked womens on camera ?

Answer: Use this great IP !! 127.0.0.1

hehe hmm i remember..
    when i was new.. some kidd told me to press alt+f4 and it will give me super access on irc.. heheh

and another one telling me to type /con/con to get IRCOp access.. haha damn

but hey.. now i find those information useful haha i made a silly site embeded with /con/con commands on every link.. actually it was the "enter" page of my website..

I read an old Chinese wisdom somewhere....
    The only stupid questions are questions that are never asked.
    And about the Alt+F4 (lol, I just typed "A, L, T, -, F, F4", opened some menu ). It won't work, cause it closes the "Exit windows?" screen too... Otherwise a good one... I remember when in those old BBS's newbies were told how to how get more time: "Type ALT + HYPERTIME", or "At the main menu, type 'EX TR A TI ME'"... [click]...

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

hahah know whats annoying?? some kidds on IRC that comes to you and ping flood you and goes " i am l337! pheaar my ping flood!"

and wont stop bugging you even you have flood protect on.. lol