Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ISP's with free Websites?

I have the answer to the question in my last post about whether or not Apache will listen to DNS names instead of just IP addresses.

I have brought Apache back up on my win2k box and reconfigured it to listen to my DNS name. Go to http://test-sites.arefun.net and see what happens. If you get an old version of my site, it works. If not, well, you know. I'll leave my machine on tonight, so you can check it out if you're interested.

I have the answer to the question in my last post about whether or not Apache will listen to DNS names instead of just IP addresses.

I have brought Apache back up on my win2k box and reconfigured it to listen to my DNS name. Go to http://test-sites.arefun.net and see what happens. If you get an old version of my site, it works. If not, well, you know. I'll leave my machine on tonight and tomorrow, so you can check it out if you're interested.

If it works, then you don't necessarily have to get a static service to run your server (duh), which could save you some ISP hunting, or even save you money.

Damn it. I hate it when it posts twice like this. Of course, the delete feature still doesn't work. Until that little bug in the delete post feature is fixed, you all get to enjoy me twice as much!

isp's (uunet anyway)assigns diferent cust name and different address's to them.

here's a ping -a of a location that ftp's into here on a schedule
    the files they transfer are location specific so i could get the ip address's from the log.

1Cust210.tnt1.mercerville.nj.da.uu.net [63.10.204.210]
    1Cust42.tnt1.mercerville.nj.da.uu.net [63.10.204.42]
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Why not just get your own webpage? Host it of your computer using dns2go (www.dns2go.com).
    \"This is our world now...the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud.
    We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt cheep if it
    wasn\'t run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore...and you call us
    criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias...and you
    call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, wage wars, murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to
    make us believe it is for our own good, yet we\'re the criminals.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by
    what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something
    that you will never forgive me for. I am a hacker and this is my manifesto. You may stop this
    individual, but you can\'t stop us all...after all, we\'re all alike.\"