Thread: Nuke Attacks

Post Nuke Attacks

Are nukes, mailbomber, or simular proggies able to destroy a computer system and make it totally unusable for ever ?

Newbie from Germany

Post Re: Nuke Attacks

Are nukes, mailbomber, or simular proggies able to destroy a computer system and make it totally unusable for ever ?

Greetings every one. I think it would take a worm or a more devistateing attack than just a nuke. A mail bomber or similar programs wouldn't be able to unless it was a really weak system
    The people at http//www.neworder.bok.sk has posted an article on DoS attacks. The article contains:

1. Intro
    2. Types of attack
    3. Prevention
    4. Response
    5. Some of DoS tools described
    6. Resources

The full article on DoS attacks can be viewed at http://neworder.box.sk/tomread.php?newsid=453

Hope this helps,
    Remote_Access_

Banned
    A mailbomber cannot destroy a pc, it can be a nuisance as all it does is send you loads of e-mails usually abusive ones at that but to be honest its harmless but annoying.

A nuker can simply knock you off line or take down a site if performed properly.

Trojans if used to evil effect can be used to delete you most precious files and virii well these lil bastardos can really mess up ones computer.......

I thank you all guys so much, I meant, can I virus attack make my harddrive unbootable forever and transform the whole system to garbage.

Exclamation Virus

Well, that depends on the type of virus that you've downloaded. Some may destroy everything on your hard drive, others may not even work because of all the new anti-virus software.

Remote_Access_

Cool

[B][I]
    Well, a nuker isn't gonna do much more then knock you off-line, although most nukers don't work anyway, heh.
    Mail bombs will just piss you off and screw up your e-mail server, but I don't see them doing any real damage.
    The only sorta things that can really nail you are virii...the more insidious kind can really trash your files and even muck up your HD to the point of no return...
    Thus, best tips would be don't download anything questionable, go get a good virii scanner, and make sure you have back-up disks.
    hope this helps
    -Grim