Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: computer screw-ups

computer screw-ups

I am new to computers and have made my share of mistakes. However, there seems to be people at my school who act like they are God's gift to computers and they have done no wrong, making you feel stupid for asking questions. Anyways, I was wondering if some members (Terr?) would mind sharing some of their computer mistakes because it would be nice to know that they are mere mortals, too.

Sometimes when I look back 10 years I'm like, hey I never knew how to do that.
    Don't worry, these computer wise guy idiots will allways be around and most of the time they don't even know anything. Just cranck up you're own knowledge.

Talking

Every one makes mistakes, we're only human... Everyone has made their share of mistakes and it shouldn't make you feel stupid for asking a question, it should make you feel intelligent. IMHO, its better to ask a question and be thought a fool for a minute than not to ask and never know... Terr is God's gift to computers. You could fart in a room full of 1000's of people and he could tell you who did it and when. (just kidding Terr)

Remote_Access_

sebastos12
    Remote_Access_ is right when you don't know something and you want to know just ask. owen76 i have too those guys who say that they know everything about computer and they have cracked sites and hacked computers and when you ask them easy questions they don't know!!! Ha haha.

Banned
    My greatest mistake was getting into security hence cutting myself from society, only messing.
    I know ppl who claim they are true hackers who run the damn Unicode exploit but when you ask them to help you fix something [ which used to oft happen when I was a baby puter guy] and theyd be stumped. However this lead to me learning myself and now I know they are shams.
    Hence the moral of the story is 'You learn from your mistakes'

sebastos12
    You are the best Ennis. Everytime with the best information for us.

[gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Sorry, I will check past posts from now on. You guys are just so sweet. There is only one other girl in my VB class and she isn't too bright, so I find it easier to come here.

yeah, I did BAD stuff

Man I learned how o fix computers by breaking mine every way possible and almost never on purpose. I think the first thing I did was a del tree on my c drive in dos not knowing exactly what it did. Well I found out what it did and I learned how to format a computer something I’ve had to do many of times in the past.

check out my web page

Yeah, I learned most of what I know about computers by breaking my own in various ways!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net