Thread: www.google.com great tool for...

Exclamation www.google.com great tool for...

Apparently there are still alot of people out there that still haven't heard of a search engine. So, here it is:
    Http://www.google.com
    You can find ANY information there. So please stop asking stupid questions about things you can verry easily look up for your self at any readily available search engine.

Remote_Access_

Re: www.google.com great tool for...

Originally posted by Remote_Access_
    Apparently there are still alot of people out there that still haven't heard of a search engine. So, here it is:
    Http://www.google.com
    You can find ANY information there. So please stop asking stupid questions about things you can verry easily look up for your self at any readily available search engine.

Remote_Access_
    A lots of good information can also be found from this site http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Thumbs up

in my opinion you deserve some positive antipoints for this post.

Here's why i'm giving [whatever a junior member can give] to you:

because you are speaking your mind and i sense your frustration, or you wouldn't have posted this thread.

and here is why no one will listen to this post....

I've been coming here for a couple of weeks...and i posted a newbie question about linux yesterday...now there are at least a couple new threads today asking similar questions i asked yesterday...but since i'm new, i'm at fault as well...because i'm sure someone else probably posted the same question i asked about linux a couple of weeks ago before i joined antionline....

it's a vicious cycle

brickwall

True... I've noticed a lot of members post links to the previous threads... I guess that's the best way, saves having to explain things a million times!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Arrow makes sense

as much as new people to a forum may attempt to go over stuff that has already been said, you're bound to miss stuff...

All we can really do is thank the infinite patience of people who post links to previous discussions for us

Just to let you know if you haven't noticed already. By the way yeah everyone should know of google.com. But Newbies, lamers,skript Kiddies, and even some intermidiate hackers will continue to right there threads way after you and I leave AO (yeah right I'll never leave)

The best way to get your message out is to post Flaming replys, or informative ones like this one on to there threads. The only reason I suggest this is because there only going to be interested in getting an answer to there thread. So if we can hurt there feelings then it's worth it. lol.

Apparently there are still alot of people out there that still haven't heard of a search engine.
    There are new members everyday, so I wouldn't get to harsh on people. You have to put yourself in there shoes. I don't mean to rip on you or anything like that just putting myself in a newbies shoes.

Also try using Vivisimo - a brilliant metasearch engine that parses the results and groups them by subject plus some other cool features.

Vivisimo doesn't search Google, but it does search pretty much everything else, including the excellent Fast index found on AllTheWeb

I second that motion, or, um sixth it, or maybe eighth it by now...