Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water cooling your CPU

Post Overclocking

Just in defense of the 'overclockers'...I have tried the whole 'overclocking' thing, just for fun...unfortunately, I have a Pentium(Intel) chip in my computer, and they don't respond well to being ****ed with and actively set up walls in certain BIOS functions to prevent the attempt to overclock. Getting around these restrictions, and playing with the voltage, etc was quite a bit of fun, but not something that I would want to risk all the time, even with multiple fans, water jackets, etc... I did though, have my 350MHz chip benchmarking at 525 or so, for the short time I had it going. So yes, the challenge and novelty of it is the best part, but I wouldn't want to have to spend the $ to turn my box into a Borg-looking piece of equipment, when it would be easier to just buy a new board and faster chip. (The overclocked version did keep my feet really warm, though)

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Hey i found those galleries and the pictures there really amazing, i wonder how they do that....
    -[h3llbringer] is back, again.
    -MSN CLoNE.

Talking

i've spoken to a couple of people who have actually done it with a dremel ...tracing a stencil that they drew onto the case...lol.
    i guess it's not that hard, but it's kind of risky because if you mess up you need to buy a new case....or live with the mistake.

they are quite beautiful aren't they?

32 galleries here:

http://www.bluesmoke.net/viewGallery.php?id=c31

enjoy!

Water cooling its good but have some problems the metal jacket can start to swet and water and energy its not a good thing but
    water cooling can solve overheat problems and if you do it right there is no danger

there is a new technology in market there is too expensive for homeusers but but the technology makes the temperature fall to -40Âșc
    any questions send message
    Nobody Born The Best
    But Some Born To Be The Bests...

case mod is fun its my way to pass time

everytime i don't have anything to do i just cut another peace of my pc

the name of my pc is cerberos ( like the three head dog that keep the souls in hell)
    Nobody Born The Best
    But Some Born To Be The Bests...

Re: Water cooling your CPU

Originally posted by firefemme
    I did a forum search and found that there was little discusion about case mods....

the last one seemed to be posted in july:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ight=case+mods

Here is an amazing site with examples of literally 100's of case mods....it's really worth checking out...it's quite inspiring...

http://www.bluesmoke.net/viewGallery.php?id=case

and for the overclocking crowd...here is how to watercool your CPU....

http://www.overclockers.com/tips719/

has anyone done any case modding of their own?

Another good site that deals with both case mods and overclocking/watercolling is IamNotAGeek. They have a similar forum set up to that of AntiOnline also.........

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by evilseed
    Isnt there a liquid cooling fluid that will not short electronic.. hense. electricity will not go through.. and wont rust?
    Yes its called H2O hehe....distilled water(totally pure) will not conduct electricity ....only the desolved elements in water conduct. Yes yes its true....check it out.

It can cause rust however