Thread: Startup

Startup

Anybody know how to get rid of startup files I dont want. The start menu start-up folder is empty, but they still come up. Where is the full startup folder or whatever? Thanks!
    Coming Soon.......!

It's probably in your registry. I don't remember exactly where it is, so you will have to search it. Just search for whatever is coming up that you don't want. Just be careful you don't delete the wrong thing. If you delete something you shouldn't, you could do some major damage.

Re: Startup

Originally posted by bubbabobjoe
    Anybody know how to get rid of startup files I dont want. The start menu start-up folder is empty, but they still come up. Where is the full startup folder or whatever? Thanks!
    If you have windows 98/SE, then go to START MENU -> RUN and type in 'msconfig', and it should open a small windows program that will let you edit stuff. Click on the tab to the very right of the window "Startup", and uncheck boxes for things you know you don't need.

(This *IS* registry editing, but it's harder to make a mistake and mess something up in a major way.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

lol... i've messed up the registry too many times...
    the actual location if you don't have the program terr mentioned is [hey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/]
    and the keys to look under there are: run, runonce, runonceex, runservices, runservicesonce