Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Important -Antipoint Abuse

Originally posted by Guus
    Man, that's low! Maybe JP could create some sort of filter such that member names can not be entered as part of the reason why someone gives antipoints...
    It would also be great with a function that force you to post a comment to negative antipoints. It may not help since a abuser can write anything, but it's a good start for all to improve themself when recieving bad response.

It would also be lots easier for a moderator to see if the negative antipoints are deserved or if someone just have abused the system.

Banned
    Originally posted by hehbris
    don't look at me
    but this is definitely laugh worthy
    by making this post ennis is merely inviting reoccurences
    hehbris I gotta admit when I first realsied it happened I thought of you but Im not sure so I will not blame you.
    Ill take youre word for it, innocent until proven guilty eh?

But I had to point it out as this guy has probably done this a few time sparking off mini-antipoint wars, maybe this thread could counter-act that.

I dont think hehbris could possibly give out antipoints of any value. I doubt JP would allow anyone with over 200 negative points to affect others.

Recently, I've been getting negative points(each worth 2) for any innocent reply I made to non-computer related topics.
    Why am I still here?

This sounds like like classic hehbris bullshit. I'm extrememly sick of that little ****er. All he does is abuse the forums and make everybody's life miserable. I question why JP hasn't deleted his account. Enough is enough. This bullshit has to come to an end. I say BAN HIM!

Of course it could also be Seb-G, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of him lately.

Lightbulb

I agree about having Ennis and Negative as moderators with more privilages to help clean this board.
    I got two people giving me antipoints today and one claiming to be hehbris.
    They didn't affect my score so whoever it whas it has seriously a lot of negative points.

Originally posted by Focmaester
    I agree about having Ennis and Negative as moderators with more privilages to help clean this board.
    I agree to this wise words above!

//micael

Well, part of the reason I wanted to push for the private forums was because within those areas, the forum moderators could curb the jerk users. Although those forums have been up for a long time, nobody can yet moderate them and add people to the 'postable' list... I've been waiting for JP to reply to questions on it for quite a while... We'll see.

I don't think JP will add other moderators to the main forums who aren't AO employees.

EDIT/ADD:

an hour ago a guy sent to me more than 5 negative points from every thread i have posted. It isn't fair, because i don't know who post it but i'm going to find him.
    That shouldn't be possible unless they registered multiple accounts. There are checks to keep users from bashing a person repeatedly (to the exclusion of others) or from assigning too many APs in a day.

Maybe a little function to check for consecutive logins to different accounts from the same IP address...
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Ergh. I just got negative points from this thread, and the message was signed "hehbris." But I'm sure he can't give out 3 negative points, so again we see people abusing the antipoint system.

Dammit.
    Why am I still here?

Cool

I'm back, few may remember me.

The Antipoints and Avatars are new to me.

I have found one thing true about any system, there will be those who abuse it.

i got the same thing...only mine were grey points....