Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Important -Antipoint Abuse

Post AntiPoints

Hmmm, I infact agree with most of you somewhat. There should be logs kept, and have a few 'Admins' be able to access them, but not seniors, for I know a couple with a short temper. Yet these 'Admins' should be able to delete negative points only, and only in a case where the perportraitor (who's real Nickname/Avatar is known) gives positive or negative points using a false nickname. Why positive you ask? Well if I have a known grudge against you, and then give you positive points, it might be taken as mockery, pun, or taken offensivly some sort.

Also, it should be a rule that you must put in a comment. Infact, I have just gotten an idea

Every point, wheather negative or positive, should open up in a window with just a selection of negative or positive points, then you must comment on your choosing. Now when you receive this point(s) (You've seen the place where you view them...it's like 3 boxes with different info in them). They should add another one, with the name of the user who gave them to you. So there can be no confusion. And if your getting positive points its nice to know from whom your getting them from

Heh, just an idea. Lets work from there.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

I think it would be a considerate idea to include [when you give positive or negative antipoints] a brief statement as to why you have given them.

Being given the option to give positive or negative antipoints was intended to be a constructive implement on JP's part [not to put words in your mouth JP]......but I have no idea who gave me mine or why i have recieved most of mine...and i don't think that's how JP intended for us to use them....ie: swearing at someone...or telling them to go away....how can that be constructive??

re to Negative

I don't know about moderators, but I'm pretty sure JP and his crew keep antipoint logs
    Well yeah, otherwise they would be stupid.. BUT do they have the time/energy or whatever to focus on such a trivial issue? I can´t say for sure but my guess is that they have more pressing matters to attend to.
    But those logs should not be what keeps you from abusing the antipoints system. It is integrity and honor, pride even, that should keep you from abusing the system.
    Of course.. in a prefect world

But is private rooms the answer? Excluding a great deal of serious new members? I don´t know.. but what do you think?
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

I've got a question, how can you tell if they are positive or negative?

I've apparently recieved 10 in total, no comments. I've heard some mention of the color of the icon, but being color-blind that is little help to me.

Banned
    Just like to inform you another member has come forward to me complaining about getting negative antipoints under my name.
    Luckily whoever it was could only give a few antipoints so he is either a new member or someone who has lots of negative antipoints and Im pretty sure I know who it is....

Angry

Yeah and I know who it is, Debris you bitch why don't you realize that everyone hates you. Go join neworder like that other ****.

Banned

Be Gone!

Greetings:

Well, despite the negative comments that you may have gotten via the AntiPoints system about your posts, the system was NOT abused. It was/is/will continue to/ work the way it was designed to. Users that attempt to "abuse" the system quickly get downgraded by it to a point that they can't effect the AntiPoint total of other users.

Now, as for those users that have decided to give AntiPoints while providing the name of someone else in the comments.... How stupid are you? I mean, one would think it pretty obvious that I would have access to our databases, and would easily be able to figure out who was behind that, huh?

At anyrate, say goodbye to user numbers 21952 and 14257. Shmoo and hehbris.

In the future, don't panic about getting stupid or nasty AntiPoints. The system will straighten it all out by itself in the end. And, as I said before, DO NOT GET IN THE HABIT of adding your name to AntiPoints that you give out. If people get in the habit of NOT adding their name, when someone does, people will be quick to recognize it as a fake.

Smile

There we go!
    Go back to you snickerbarf crappy website debris, and on the way say hi to julian.

Thanks for throwing them out JP!

Hi mom!
    Welcome back :)

Hmmmmmm...... I suppose we can all sleep quietly and carry on with our lives now that the traitors are gone..... Hurray!

But sometimes they come back........
    ---
    proactive