Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On demand of Ennis

Senior since the 3 dot era

Re: ThePreacher

Yep,

When you left your door unlocked,
    you wish that your neighbour say something about it instead of exploring... the same goes for computers.

A hacker keeps the moral things in mind

u must see the big differens between a hacker and a cracker... a hacker who saw an open door into a house wouldn't enter! the cracker would! the hacker would have notified u (the owner) at once and helped u to fix ur problem (this is quite easy since u just have to lock the door)...

hacker finds most of all the security errors. and they do it legally! they do everything on their own computeres and they don't test it against unknowing net users.... it's easy to see when a person is a cracker and not a hacker.... let me give a good example...

Kevin Mitnick... a clever man, but a cracker... why? because he broke the law just to satisfy his own selfish needs.

Linus Torvalds. Father of linux and a hacker... he develops software, debugs, tests it... whatever it takes to make it as perfect as possible... he never breaks the law!

when i tell somebody that i'm a hacker (a white hat i.e.) they always think that i'm some sort of criminal. but as soon as i explain that Linus Torvalds is hacker too (who nearly everybody knows who is) they see the difference... it's easy!

the movie "Hackers" and "Hackers 2" should have been named "Crackers" and "Crackers 2".... A movie about REAL hackers is "AntiTrust" (but hackers r more than just programmers). (an odd case sometimes happen when a hacker breaks the law to prove something's wrong (or illegal)... and if the hacker is right the law wasn't broken after all since it was the only right thing to do.)

this is my opinion. it's build on the nethic and my own experience, I'm not saying that I'm right, but I know that I'm a hacker and I know that I'm not a cracker! when u hear the word "hacker", think Linux... when u hear the word "cracker", think jail!
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

Zion 1459

Zion1459; I have a very similar opinion, and I think it's the only right but how to make it clear to the others?

re: ThePreacher

Sure, my computer is my space and should not be violated. But there is a metaphysical difference so the simile you use has a zero value to me. Getting sidetracked here..
    What I´m trying to express: The government and corporations violating my privacy has a clear intent and that is to controll me.
    The people who try to strike back should not be viewed as criminals. (hacktivists) If I could I´d lend my support to them (as long as noone else gets caught in the fire) and to non-malicious illegal hackers (read Adrian Lamo) from my point of view this crappy world takes a turn for the better.
    But if we take Matrix as an example, it´s clearly illegal to do what our heroes do but they fight the system anyway. Would you stand on the side and cheer the system?

I´m gonna get for this one ey? Hehe
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

how do u stop criminals? by using the law!

how do u stop government cruelties? Echelon, ENFOPOL and all that kind of **** is illegal... but the gov don't care because they control everyhing anyway, right? good, so how to we stop 'em? what should the hacktivists do? well the fight is gonna be long and hard but that's just because there's to little ppl who know about this... I actually still meet ppl who don't have a clue about what Echelon is! The only way to control the government is to make all the ppl of the affected country fight against it...

it can be done, but it aint easy! and how to do it the most efficient way is the real question.
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

even if a hacker notifies the admin of a problem he still has brokeing into the system which is considered illegal

Big Brother Re: Zion

A start is to post things with the words: bomb, Bush or Osama Bin Laden. Maybe Echelon then gets overloaded?

No, for real: _keep moving forward_
    use your brains or don't do anything wrong

Get real victorkaum, don´t do anything wrong(!). Who is setting the standards for what´s illegal or not, for that matter what should be monitored (it may not be illegal but we can find someone who is a criminal by listening in on al cell-phone activity). I know that I wasn´t asked.. I don´t think alot of people has a saying in this.
    And what is to say that they don´t pass on the non-vital for them (but for someone else). There has already been allegations from a french company that american companies has recieved vital business information from american "authorities" (read wankers) .
    zion1459: you do realise that the entire world is monitored?

I´m gonna go outside and order some pot via smoke signals, maybe I can have my buds alone then.

pooh-Bear

Whe have a misunderstanding:
    I mean:

use your brains OR don't do anything wrong

So the OR is not inclusive
    When you actually do things wrong use your brain to keep your freedom

And by the way: illegal or not, I was talking about wrong in the ethical sense...

So hacking to keep freedom could be interpreted as just as an activism like greenpeace. Sometimes greenpeace breaks the law but they never use violence. Make the parallel to our topics and you get my point.

Aah, sorry dood, read it fast. It´s a bitch to keep posting here when the teacher keep running around in the room interfering
    *unf* yer local bigbrother!
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile