Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kurt Cobain

Originally posted by Conf1rm3d_K1ll
    I was lucky enough to see Nirvana twice before Kurts' untimely death.......

The first time I saw Nirvana they where just an "unknown" band supporting the Violent Femmes!!

The Violent Femmes? You mean people know about that band? The only reason I know about them is because I had to study a newspaper review for my journalism class. Are they well-known?

Talking

I'm showing my age now!

I love the Violent Femmes. They aren't really well known but they did make it out to Australia. I suppose you could say they had an "underground" following without being "underground", if that makes any sense.

So we went along to see 'em (had to travel for 10 hours...a road trip I'll never forget!) and the icing on the cake was that Nirvana were the support...

A full weekend of debauchery!

Kurt's dead body was found on the 8th but shot himself to death on April 5th according to an autopsy report.
    Knowledge is Power.

"The music world stood still today, in disbelief, as news of the horrific death of rock star Kurt Cobain eco'd around the world. The 27 year old front man of the band Nirvana was discovered dead yesterday at his luxurious Seattle residence, after a self inflicted gun wound to the head. Cobains wife Courtney Love, who is currently in Paris, is said to be devistated at the news of her husbands death."

An electrician was preparing the house, to install a new sercurety system after Courtney had said that the home was not secure enough for her young daughter. About mid-way in his preperations he came to the garage. When he tryed to enter the door, even with the key it was blocked from behind. When he walked around the back of the garage to the small room above it he could see into the room though the french doors which had also been baricaded from the inside. On the floor in the centre of the room he could see a male body laying in a pool of semi dry blood with a 12 gage shot-gun laying on the chest. His first susspitions were that he was looking at the body of Kurt Cobain who he was aware owned the house. He then notified the police of his horrific discovery.

The first assumtion taken by the police at the scene was that the death was clearly a suiside and all the imidiate evidence pointed in that direction. Kurt was laying on his back with the shot-gun on top of his body. The but of the gun was between his ankles and the snub just above his belt. It was clear from the extent of his head traumer that the gun had been placed in the mouth and fired upward. The body had been laying undetected for at 4 days. Next to the body lay a wooden box containing several burnt spoons, pieces of tar and needles. On the neer side table lay a note. Although all seemed in it's place, and, the events that had taken place only a few days before seemed clear in the mind of the law officials, there were several things which did not add up.

The day before the body was discovered, on the 7th, a private detective, who had been hired a week earlier by Courtney Love, to keep tracks on Kurt, was trying to find him, after he found out Kurt fleed the clinic in califonia on the 2nd. He contacted Dillon, Kurt's best friend and together they searched the Seattle home. However, they failed to check the appartment above the garage where his body lay undetected.

<http://members.tripod.com/%7Ereact2/br.gif>
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

Banned
    Nirvana - by far the greatest band ever to stalk the stages of our world.

No man who takes his own life is a great man. I can't even begin to imagine how he can be so well respected after committing something like that.

Have you never heard anything by Nirvana??

Kurt IS a GOD!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

I have listened to nirvana, though I didn't find their music incredible it was head and shoulders above the other crap during their time.

Regardless of how good the music of his band may have been, I find it hard to immortalize somebody who would do something so stupid and selfish.

heh, Violent Femmes kick ass...'

nirvana was good to, but, man, I used to really be into the violent femmes.

Banned
    If you had lived the life Kurt Cobain lived perhaps you wouldnt be so judgemental about his suicide. Im pretty sure he didnt kill himself for selfish reasoning, he was a genius as far as musicians and song writers are concerned and his and his bands music inspired me a lot growing up.

Please respect his memory regardless of how he killed himself, not much to ask.