Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting things you learn about computers from the movies

Cool great matty...

hey matty great post thanks for the humour...

but check this..from my side...

villans are in the running train and the train is passing by through mountains and jungles...there they have portable satellite communicators with antennas and through a running train they can control one more satellite which can destroy fighter planes in any part of the world by focusing the laser beams....
    hahahaha...

so that means they are rellly advanced.....hats off to movies...

intruder.....

Talking Love the movie thread!

Not that I am any kind of authority on hacking, but I have always cracked up during the computer hacking scenes in movies because of the HUGE, flashing colorful graphics with phrases like "PASSWORD ACCEPTED" or "ACCESS DENIED". I always wondered what kind of operating system or program they were using.

Don't you guys have friends who are not really knowledgable about computers who buy into it and take all the flashy interfaces and impossibly easy hacks for granted? I hated Swordfish. I was hoping it might be decent, considering that most people have more exposure to computers through internet, etc. than say, when "Hackers" came out. BTW, loved "Hackers" in a campy sort of way. I thought the teen cyberpunks in it were really cute.

What is your favorite hacker movie? I wish they would make a movie about Kevin Poulson. The book about him (forgot the name of it, sorry) was fascinating.

Post Re: Love the movie thread!

Originally posted by Maxixe
    "Hackers" came out. BTW, loved "Hackers" in a campy sort of way. I thought the teen cyberpunks in it were really cute.

What is your favorite hacker movie? I wish they would make a movie about Kevin Poulson. The book about him (forgot the name of it, sorry) was fascinating.
    I enjoyed "Hackers" too, although the computers they used were light years ahead of ours. Seems in real life all you get is a boring command line, not a 3D gui operating system. They did have a nice scene where they showed the rainbow of computer books, and they showed the often forgotten phreaker. I like how when they were chatting, the words were at least 6 inches tall. Damn now that is how aol instant messenger should be. Back to swordfish and the crap that it is, Id bet that this guy couldnt hack his own computer in a minute. Hell it would take two on account of the *******. He must have had a dedicated t3 line when he was doing this, and the computer he broke into must have been a supercomputer because he wasnt even giving it a chance to respond to his commands before he typed another one. Is there a such thing as 528 bit encryption, and is there a way to decode it without the use of a supercomputer? Do you remember "Office Space" when they put the virus on their computer at work. The funniest part was when they figured out that they wrote it wrong. If Office Space can be considered a hacking movie, its my favorite. The most work the main character does on a computer is check his e-mail and play tetris. He is supposed to be working to fix the Y2K problem. I guess he is a programmer even though they never show him programming.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

By the way, just saw Hannibal tonight and MacOS was there again.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19