As a network admin i get a lot of my users who come to me with their pc troubles.
I thought i would be fun to put up some stories about these troubles and what caused them (especially the funny and dumb ones)

A nice one was for example a laptop user who came to me complaining his laptop was booting soooo slow and kept Bsoding well after a brief inspection i found the cause of his problem (pretty hard to mis)
the dear man had 2 virusscanners installed wich started at boot but that's not all after the scans he loaded about 15 programs in the taskbar icq aim realplayer msn and some more i cant remember this was all too much for his celeron cpu wich died a honorfull dead and presented a nice last BSOD

another nice one was a user of mine who had a broken modem (so he said) i come down there inspect the pc and find the phone cord connected to the ethernet adapter being held there by a huge bunch of tape he point out to me that the tape was there because the cable kept falling out (Duuuh) i point 2 pci slot's down to the modem wich reads Phone at the side take the tape of the cable plug it in and start his dail-up problem fixed i just wished him a happy day and walked off because i knew i wouldn't be able to keep myself from laughing any longer