Thread: Problem with DSL and xp

Problem with DSL and xp

Tried hooking up dsl on my computer using xp home and I get the following message " error 678- host computer not responding
    Earthlink cant get it running, they say is a problem with xp and Microsoft will not tell them the fix, I called Microsoft and it being a OEM product they told me to go look for the fix myself, anybody has a fix for this? I would greatly appreciate it.......

Had the same one...

WinPoet doesn't work with XP (if that's what your trying to use that is). Go to the New Connection Wizard and choose Connect to the Internet -> Set Up my connection manually -> Connect using a broadband connection -> Type the ISP name -> type in your Username it has to be your whole email address even the @ (i.e. blah@crap.com) and don't forget the Password, now turn off the crappy firewall as well (the very bottom checkbox) -> Now the damn thing should work, that's how I got mine to config anyway so give it a shot. Earthlink told me the same thing as you and so did M$. I got it running and helped some other people and it's the only way I have found out to get it to rock out. Hope it helps man.
    Risk everything, or gain nothing.

Tried that about 10 diferent times, still no luck, anyother ideas?