Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IE vs. Netscape

I don't believe one should limit themselves to one.. so I have IE 6, Opera 5 and Netscape 6.1 installed.. I mainly use IE, but if a page I want to view doesn't render properly, I switch through until I get one of the browsers to render it...
    I would say that I like them in the order they are listed.. IE is quick for me, and relatively stable...
    Opera isn't as fast, but it hasn't crashed yet.. and I like that in a browser... who wants to have to do the whole following the path of visited links when their browsers crashes..
    Netscape.. Slow, and the interface... uggghhhhhh.. thankfully you can change the theme for it and revert to a classic interface, and then its not so bad....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Banned
    IE6

Netscape. It was there a lot before IE which Microsoft then distributed with quite an illegal way. Netscape doesn't have dozens of security holes. Netscape's bookmark-system is much better than IE's, only the one html-file instead of thousands of small *.url -files. Netscape is also skinnable & can be removed, unlike IE... If someone thinks the 6.x version is slow, he can use 4.75, which is still a very good browser.

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

*I* think Netscape 6 is slow... and I do use 4.something
    I think i use 4.6 but it might be 4.7, I can't be bothered to check the version number.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

IE6 rules (Litterally)
    Netscape is nice, its different. but why install another bloated program on an already bloated system.

[its the slowest thing there is on a linux box. there i use konquer.]
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Senior since the 3 dot era

Browsers

I use several browsers: IE 5.5, Netscape 4.78, Netscape 4.6, Opera 5, opera 6

Netscape was my favourite but the new 6 is bad, bad, bad. So Opera 6 has become my favourite

I just love Opera: both on Linux and Win, it's fast most of the time, it doesn't crash as much as IE or NS6, it has a *logical* user interface with lot's of settings and
    mouse gestures!!!

I use Netscape in combination with it's e-mail client. But this time it let me down since badtrans corrupted my mailbox so bad that Norton had to put it under quarantaine. there goes my faith in Netscape.
    Anybody know a better e-mail program besides MSN or communicator?

My vote: Opera, then IE, and lastly Netscape.
    Why am I still here?

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Originally posted by Focmaester
    Anybody know a better e-mail program besides MSN or communicator?
    Yeah: the mail prog in Opera 6

You can also use a stand alone mail prog like Eudora (in Windows I don't know it exists for Linux) or you can go back in time and use an email client like Pine.

i prefer IE, and i really like IE6. i always found netscape took too long to load and many times things wouldn't show up right for whatever reason. IE6 seems to be stabler than the older versions too, it hasn't crshed out on me yet and i've had it almost since it came out