Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti Mailing List Issue #1

Re: Anti Mailing List Issue #1

Originally posted by Remote_Access_
    This is the first edition that I've written. I'm not even sure if it's the first actual AO mailing list and I'm sure it's not but it's the first one I've conducted with the help of other security companies and induviduals. I've recently made a departure from AO and made quite a fool of my self but none the less, I decided to come back to the discussion board. You knoe i luv u guyz.

Cut-N-Paste.. I can call you Cut-N-Paste can't I??
    I supported the idea of a mailing list/newsletter.. I believe it would be a valuable addition to the site.. Now, I briefly read over your newsletter, and one thing struck me... Have you ever heard of formatting??? Y'know, page breaks, table of contents.. all those kinda things which make it easier to read and find the information your after...

Now, I understand that you were trying to be helpful.. But you have really gone at it the wrong way... Rather than Cut-N-Pasting whole slabs of information, you really should write a brief intro, and then provide a link to the page your grabbing the information from... that way, your making it easy to read, and also not depriving other sites of their deserved traffic by stealing their work...

And admitting that you copied the sections from SANS, doesn't make it ok... Did you actually ask SANS if you could use the text you borrowed?? Did you check that you weren't violating any copyrights?? I mean, your posting it stating that its AO's Newsletter... if you haven't checked this, and have violated copyright, you could get AO into trouble...

Also, did you get JP's permission before writing this? In general, people/organisations do not like it when you write something under their guise, without their permission.. it can get them into a lot of trouble, and facilitate a lot of false images....

I'd be more than happy to help with further newsletters, providing that these issues and certain others are resolved...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

I thought that the info posted was probably useful to those who have limited experience of this. But the final comments were well out of order - why resort to 4 letter words when a reasoned argument would be better?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Unhappy

I think that Ennis reached a frustration point. As you noticed from Ennis' information he has been through many threads and has posted many replies. Perhaps what we need is a tutorial on how to ask questions or get input from others.

Thing like be clear in what you are asking; explain as much detail as possible; read first before asking (perhaps that should be first). If you do get flamed or get 4-letter words thrown at you, step back for a few minutes, hours, days and then come back. Reponding that way only brings you down to the level of the hurler. Concise, direct arguments or statements have a lot more power (as does humour when spun by Negative) than a stream of obscenities and non-sensical threats.

Not everything on this board needs to be a flame war. There is a lot of potential here that could help but many of the posts that ask valid questions or present interesting security/hacking ideas are being lost in the "clutter" of garbage.

Just some thoughts.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Agreed!

Arguing in 4 letter words never got anyone anywhere. An argument is only wortkwhile if both sides come out of it with the correct information... and a load of obscenities doesn't help that!!!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Noble Hamlet
    I looked at this guys past posts, Remote_Access_ that is and realised everything he posts is copy and pasted.

He is egotistical as Im sure you all notice and well when he lowers himeslef to sayin F!!k you then I can no longer read any of his non-sensical crap, who is this guy and why does he get away with so much.

I cant take him serious, I see someone did and actually left at what must have been a long time.

Anyway Elisnore awaits.

Remote_Access_ is the Claudius of this world.

Unhappy All Appologies

:Sigh: Well my intentions were'nt to make Ennis so frustrated that he leaves the AO community. I do appologize. After reading what I wrote... I think I can safely say that I was "out of line" by makeing that last statement. I knoe that Ennis and I have had harsh werds in the past but my intentions weren't intended to make this valued Icon of the AO community leave. And Mr. Hamlet, it's a pleasure to meat you... yeah right. I'm not here to take this post, these forms, and this site seriously. Lighten up. Take a 40 oz. go sit on the couch, watch South Park, and chill out.
    Rewandythal said it best. "Arguing in 4 letter words never got anyone anywhere. An argument is only wortkwhile if both sides come out of it with the correct information... and a load of obscenities doesn't help that!!!".... I also agree. Geez, i really knoe how to stick my foot in my mouth don't i ? Any who, the next issue will be more formal. I will ask the author's permission before useing their information and again, feel free to contribute to this on growing "newsletter"... if all you can do is bitch about it, write your own "tut", newsletter, or whatever. BTW, what topics would everyone like to see included in the next issue?

Remote_Access_

Noble Hamlet
    Tut, tut Remote_Access so vain...

Write my own newsletter, you didnt you copy and pasted yours.

You are foolish and childish.

How are you still here, I thought we were all script kiddies, go join your hax0r friends at New Order why dont you.

Opinion of you on IRC are low, I suggest you stop thinkin otherwise you pitiful joke.

Exclamation Spit it out

Tut, tut Remote_Access so vain...
    Big deal, ***** off

Write my own newsletter,
    Yes, thats right, write your own. CONTRIBUTE instead of bitching, crying, and complaining.

you didnt you copy and pasted yours.
    Sp - Sp- Sp- Spit it out junior. Did you even read the article?

Lighten up. Take a 40 oz. go sit on the corner, smoke a "L", and chill out.

How are you still here,
    how do you think you ignorant @$$

I thought we were all script kiddies
    we all WERE at one point in time. Obviously you're still there...

go join your hax0r friends at New Order why dont you.
    I will later. I'm usually there reading more intlligent post.

Opinion of you on IRC are low,
    Well, its a matter of O P I N I O N and that matters not

I suggest you stop thinkin
    I suggest you START thinking you pitiful joke.

Remote_Access_

Noble Hamlet
    Youre not exactly a master flamer are you Remote?

Cant you quote?

you didnt you copy and pasted yours.
    Sp - Sp- Sp- Spit it out junior. Did you even read the article?
    I sure did, fair play to the people that wrote it.

Lighten up. Take a 40 oz. go sit on the corner, smoke a "L", and chill out.
    Lets hope cannabis induced psychosis takes hold of you.

How are you still here,
    how do you think you ignorant @$$
    Did you learn that in flame school.

I thought we were all script kiddies
    we all WERE at one point in time. Obviously you're still there...
    Do you understand what a script kiddie is, do you cause destruction using programs you didnt create? I didnt, anyone else here at AntiOnline, oh wait AO isnt a kiddie cracker site like New Order, wake up you insipid joke, you smell of treachery.

go join your hax0r friends at New Order why dont you.
    I will later. I'm usually there reading more intlligent post.
    Shouldnt you learn to spell first, by the way its posts not post, intelligent reading, lol!

I suggest you stop thinkin
    I suggest you START thinking you pitiful joke.
    Negative if you ever write your book on flaming please give this fool a free copy.

oblio
    I love people that throw around the word "ignorance". If anything Remote Access, you are the ignorant one for your vapid brain's usage of the word ignorant. After that whole long speech of yours, you turn around and do the same thing all over again! HYPOCRISY ALERT. You are telling others to 'chill out' and then you retort with the same consistant banter. How can you possibly claim us all to have been 'script kiddies' at one point or another? Has it dawned on you that maybe some have had legitimate interest in computers right from day 1? And to tell Noble Hamlet to 'start thinking' when clearly he has presented a well thought out argument. What the hell is an L? The 40oz idea however is a good one, maybe in a drunken state, Noble Hamlet will be able to interact at your level.