Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morph3us

Morph3us

Morph3us is the best Audio, Video, Picture, Software, etc. trading program for Win2k is Morpheus. Most stable and hardly ever has any problems what so ever. I've used iMesh but it just doesn't compare, it always takes forever to connect to the other person.

I use KaZaA and it works well enough that I'm not about to complain or switch to anything else. I used to use AudioGalaxy, but you can only get Audio and you can't even preview the songs. I downloaded the wrong things several time with AG.
    Why am I still here?

i completely agree with you guys, kazza and morpheus are the best. they are what i currently use. you can find anything on it

Morpheus is a cheat!! nearly every component of it is from another product. ie, its downloader is KaZaA I believe...

However much a cheat, it still kicks ass....

Although if you get stuck as a supernode, it can really suck ass... my ZoneAlarm Alerts fill up in less than 5 minutes, cos I've been listed as a supernode, and it won't stop directing people to me...

*please mommy, make the bad men stop*....

IMesh was one of the most unstable programs I have ever seen.. it would reliably stop my computer from working... so I stopped using, except as a form of warfare...
    "Hey My Good Enemy, Try this program.. Its really good.."
    "Why thank you kind sir.. ARGHHHH!!!"

As for Limewire, which is written in Java.. it just didn't cut it.. although I suspect it was a problem with my config........

I agree. Morpheus has been my favorite since Napster went. I never had those problems with IMesh though. Limewire is good, but kinda weak, and a bandwidth and memory hog. Another file sharing engine that I kinda like is MyNapster, but like Limewire, it's also somewhat weak, and is a bandwidth and resource hog.

Banned
    Originally posted by Alcatraz
    I use KaZaA and it works well enough that I'm not about to complain or switch to anything else.
    If you don't mind having FIVE spyware-programs on your pc, KaZaA is pretty good, yes...

IMesh contains spyware too, btw...

Originally posted by Matty Cross
    Morpheus is a cheat!! nearly every component of it is from another product. ie, its downloader is KaZaA I believe...
    Both KaZaA and Morpheus are based on FastTracks' P2P-stack. If Morpheus is a 'cheat', then so is KaZaA...

Although if you get stuck as a supernode, it can really suck ass...
    There's an option in Morpheus to prevent that from happening...

Thumbs up I agree

I agree with most of you.
    morpheus is the best out there, even with a dial-up conecction here in my country, I get pretty good results.
    I used to use Imesh, but it sucks, everytime i tried to preview a song, the program ended up cutting it and when the download was complete the song was f***** up.
    \"The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm...

AudioGalaxie uses spyware too.
    Morpheus rules!!!

Negative,
    Thanks for the info..
    I am aware of the supernode option in Morpheus, however, it is set so that I'm not a supernode... I still get flooded by computers trying to attempt to connect to me as the supernode...

Since I have got supernode disabled, do you know any other way get it to stop??? its making it impossible to read my firewall logs....

Thnx,
    Matty Cross

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Morpheus is clearly, with no doubt, the best video sharing tool out today. It also would probably win the prize for the most audio online as well. It has no spyware (unlike Kazaa) and it runs of the same network as Kazaa (so you can download from Kazaa users or Morpheus users.

However, in the MP3 department, Songspy XE 2.0 wins the prize in my eyes. It has a built-in MP3 player just like Napster did and you can Ping results. It has probably any song you are looking for. However, it does contain spyware (which is easily removed with Lavasoft Ad-Aware 5.62) so it doesn't matter to me. Easy to use interface as well.

Also to Matty Cross - You can disable file-sharing of Morpheus but still download files by setting your firewall to let Morpheus access the internet but not let it act as a server.

Peace Out...