Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opera 6.0

Unhappy Opera 6.0

well i have used Opera 6.0 for a week now and it kind of disappoints me.. for the reason that it distorts the webpage..

it doesnt display the pages properly... i dont know if you people have noticed this but i have..

i like the graphic layout of the browzer and ths schematics.. but its just that webpage distortion that bugs me a lot..

Very interesting. I was about to reply asking what you where talking about. (I am using Opera 6.0) But then, for some obscure reason, I couldn't stay logged in, to make a reply. So I fired up IE 6.0. And Low-and-behold. I now see what you are talking about. I find that, Opera complies to w3c specs better than certain other browsers. Not to mention, other people have flat out said it does, and pointed out that, one of the w3c board members, works for Opera.
    Aside from that babble. I enjoy Opera greatly. I find that it kicks the pants off of IE (somewhat biased view, I admit) and Netscape. I find that Opera, is very lightweight, compared to it's counter parts. Good coding I presume. Because it offer's you a News/Email client also.
    Anyway, that's my own humble opinion.
    Oh, and Opera doesn't show you that crappy purple color for the scrollbar.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    I'am also using Opera 6 and I still think it's great. When some page doesn't behave as it should be, then I use another browser for that page.

Anyway lot's of respect for Opera: they built a small, fast, stable, good browser as an alternative for M$ IE

don't you have to pay for Opera??

-Havanger
    Do it now and ask for forgiveness later

oblio
    Opera 6.0 TP for Linux is full of bugs.

Originally posted by Havanger
    don't you have to pay for Opera??

-Havanger
    Opera is free to use, but there is an ad bar.
    If you buy it, no more ad bar..
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Originally posted by oblio
    Opera 6.0 TP for Linux is full of bugs.
    Opera 6.0 is in a beta stage, I believe.

As for page rendering, Opera seems to ignore the topmargin and leftmargin properties of the <body> tag. Whether these properties are 'standard', I don't know. I wish it did, though. But it's really not a big issue for me.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

More on Opera 6.0 can be found here...

Actually, if you use Opera 6, it's the first version of it that i've used, in full screen mode you only see the webpage, no ad-bar at all..

Unhappy

Well, I'm disappointed of Opera also. The banner sucks, and no, I have never paid for a browser, and I never will.

I use IE6, and works just fine, even though, I have to admit that I hate Micro$oft, pages are made primarily for that browser.

I wish Konqueror would give me more options...

There is the ANY BROWSER campaign, which I think is a good effort to get rid of monopolies.

My site meets the requirements, why don't you all do it too.
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...