Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basic Programming Tutorial

looks like the boards scripts took all the white space out that i used to position in the print statements, but you can figure it out.
    if anyone's interested, the compiled version is attached. If youd like to use it, put it in windows and type hosts in the run box.

This site will not let me upload exe's (understandably) so ive changed the extention to bmp, fust change it back to exe if you want it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Basic is basic

Nakoka, that's not entirely true.

While basic shared some common syntax, there are many differences in the way you write basic based on which language you are writing for.

For instance, in Visual Basic 6, an if statement looks like:

Code:
    if IsNull(mystring) = true then
    but in VBScript you can write the same statement like:

Code:
    if IsNull(mystring) then
    There are even more vast differences between languages like QBasic and VB, or even the original basic.

Basic is not necessarily basic in all cases.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?