Thread: Firewalls

Firewalls

Can someone suggest some good Firewalls please?

I am going to assume that you are a windows user.

Try out these.

Tiny Personal Firewall

Zone Alarm

and if you do not mind paying for a firewall you might have a look at Black Ice.

If you are a Unix user, OpenBSD running ipfilter is the only way to go in my opinion.
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

Use [http://www.zonelabs.com/]Zone Alarm[/url], it's the best firewall I've come across, plus it's free for personal use. Avoid Black Ice Defender like the plague.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

That should be Zone Alarm, bit of trouble with the vB Code!
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

The free version of ZoneAlarm is good but watch out for the Pro version. I got the demo for it and on my Win98 box it crashed it every time I turned my comp on. I had to uninstall it from safe-mode because the true vector thing is what caused all the problems.

Have a look here and read what other people on AO view as good firewalls, many providing good reasons for why they believe them to be good firewalls..
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Thanks for the suggestions.