Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what are neat windows tricks

what are neat windows tricks

wha are some nea windows trck such as........ click on the start button and then click on it agian and hold al and - and go to close to delete the start menu...... it will come up if you reboot

Talking Re: Neat windows tricks

I have a neat windows trick for you. Hold ctrl + alt + del and press it repeated ly untill you reach a dialog box that says:

Congratulations! You now have access to all hotmail and yahoo e-mail accounts, so please dont ask how to hack those services again. Then click ok. Don't tell anyone thought... unless they want to know how to hack an email service.

Remote_Access_

ay yo BEZ!!!

was that some type of degrding response..... did i ask how to hack anything? you take me for a script kiddie? lmao.....

Talking Why yes, yes it was

You didnt ask how to hack anything but still....read this previous post that i made:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=132434

Some wise ancient chinese man once said:

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."--- Unknown
    Remote_Access_

Here is a trick I learned from the nice people at http://www.happyhacker.org :

"This is a neat trick you can play on that lamer that has a huge ego, in this section I teach you, how to disable the Shut Down option in the Shut Down Dialog Box. This trick involves editing the registry, so please make backups. Launch regedit.exe and go to :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

In the right pane look for the NoClose Key. If it is not already there then create it by right clicking in the right pane and selecting New > String Value.(Name it NoCloseKey ) Now once you see the NoCloseKey in the right pane, right click on it and select Modify. Then Type 1 in the Value Data Box.

Doing the above on a Win98 system disables the Shut Down option in the Shut Down Dialog Box. But on a Win95 machine if the value of NoCloseKey is set to 1 then click on the Start > Shut Down button displays the following error message:

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

You can enable the shut down option by changing the value of NoCloseKey to 0 or simply deleting the particular entry i.e. deleting NoCloseKey.

Instead of performing the above difficult to remember process, simply save the following with an extension of .reg and add it's contents to the registry by double clicking on it.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"NoClose"="1". "

This is a qoute and all credit goes to Ankit Fadia not me. There is more at

http://www.happyhacker.org/ht/secretsbegin.shtml
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

I got a good Windows trick... Click Start | Shut Down...

Select Restart In MS-DOS mode
    Click OK

once you're in MS-DOS mode, type

format c: /q
    and type Y when prompted: Are you sure?

this will remove any nasty software from your computer [for example, Windows]

...pauses while waiting for people to reinstall Windows after actually trying this...

Nah, only joking, please don't really go and try that, it erases the whole contents of your hard disk!

If you want a good windows trick, install Windows ME... that'll trick you into thinking your computer is useless, when really its just ME thats useless!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Banned
    / Fast Access to the Desktop

To get an Explorer view of the Desktop

Press Ctrl-Esc or click the Start button
    Press R to go to Run. Note: If you are using a Win keyboard, you can get to this point by pressing Win+R
    Type in a period

/ Toggles between minimizing/restoring all windows
    Win+D

Open the start menu
    Display the pop-up menu for the selected object Win+F1
    Start Explorer Win+E
    Find Files or Folders Win+F
    Find computer Ctrl+Win+F
    Minimizes all windows Win+M
    Undo Minimize All Shift+Win+M
    Display Run Dialog box Win-R
    Cycles through taskbar buttons Win+Tab
    Displays System Properties Win+Break

If you're in Control Panel, hitting the Backspace key will switch you into the My Computer folder.

Press CTRL + Z to undo things like renaming a file in Explorer

To minimize all windows:

Press Ctrl-ESC to bring up the Task Bar
    Press Alt-M
    This makes it a lot easier to minimize windows when all your open applications are full screen

To access the System Properties screen quickly, simply hold down the ALT key while double clicking on the My Computer icon.

To access the System Properties screen quickly, simply hold down the ALT key while double clicking on the My Computer icon.

Pressing the Shift-F10 key will be the same as clicking the right-mouse button.

To access your programs more quickly from your start button, with out aid of a mouse, hit ctrl+esc to open your start menu.
    Then, type the letter for the directory you are looking for.
    For example, to access the ever popular game of solitaire, CTRL+ESC, then "P" for programs, "A" for accessories, "G" for games, then "S" for Solitaire.
    If there is more than one entry for the letter, keep hitting the letter until you reach your desired location. Then, hit enter.

Thats some very simple stuff I copy and pasted from a tutorial [I left out the useless bits and gave you the useful stuff].

Anyway the tutorial is anonymous but theres not much to take credit for most of this is commen knowledge.

Hello for those stucked in administrating clients through the network can easily build batch files to start update processes and or enhancements of the users computer. Or build own more or less advenced tasks with batch files.. Uhh long start but here to a nice "feature".

Batch files show up a black screen during execution to easily get ride of it here comes two tricks:

1. make a shortcut to the batch file and edit the settings of the shortcut to run minimized.

2. execute cmd /c start "filename to execute" or command /c start "filename to execute".

i.e in a batch file:
    ---
    @echo off
    cmd /c start important.html
    exit
    ---

cmd /c - Carries out the command specified by string and then terminates.

start - executes/opens the "argument/filename you specify" with the default associated program. "start index.html" would launch your default browser with the index.html file you specified.

This batch file above can easily be enhanced to do lots of things like running several instances of programs at the same time. I use it for example to launch my seti@home clients at different processors and from one comand file, what I have to do is to put several cmd /c start arguments in a batch file.

Complicated eeh, I guess that I can explain better but I hope you understand the meaning with my nonsence text :-).

Another (sorry dos again) batch hint :-)

To easily make a search or directory listing you can use batch files for it. I just writes an example and you have to check it out yourself since the commands differs a bit between the Windows versions.

example:

@echo off
    dir /s /b *. > temp.txt ; writes the directory structure to temp.txt
    dir /s /b *.txt >> temp.txt ; writes/appends all found *.txt files to temp.txt
    sort temp.txt > finished.txt ; sorts the textfile in descending order.
    del temp.txt ; removes the old temp file
    start finished.txt ; opens the finished text file with your default text editor.
    exit ; exit

<eof>

Remember that this batch file as it looks like only makes a directory listing from were you have saved it and executed it.

Cool

Here's a good trick that works, because I tested it today.

Ever want to change that screen that comes up when you're shutting down saying "It is Now safe to turn off your computer"?
    Well, it's easy.
    First, go to "my computer", then "c", then "Windows".
    Now go up to the menus at the top and click on The View Menu, drag down to 'Options'. Then go to the 'View' tab, and click the "Show All Files" box. This will show you all your hidden and read only file. A tip - DON'T mess with any except the two I'm going to list, these are often important.

BUT
    for some reason, Microsoft decided to make that little shut down screen a hidden system file.
    Now check out your list of files. Make things easier by clicking on the 'View' menu, then clicking 'Details'. Now click 'Type' at the top of the data columns. This will arrange the files by type.
    Toward the bottom are the system files. There should be two with the names of "logos.sys" and "logow.sys"

OK, good.
    NOW
    go to your basic Paint program. (The one in Accessories), go to "file", then "Open", then type in "logos.sys" or "logow.sys" and open the sucker up.
    There ya go, the shut down screens right there to mess with...edit them with the paint program, have some fun, then save em...and that's that.

-Grim