Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Flame Action

i didn't say he shouldn't be allowed to post web carnage. i said that he should post them in general chit chat AND that people should waste there time replying with **** like..... "you are gay for posting that" and the like.... i don't really care what he posts. let him post about jam sessions, as long as it's in general chit chat.... it doesn't belong in tutorials and the like. i just don't think it's necessary for people to reply to that sort of thing just to stazrt a flame war. and i don't think that it is necessary to reply to threads that the topic is something along the lines of "<user> is gay" or "i hate ao" or "ao users are stupid" these people are just trying to start trouble and i am only saying that lets stop the flame wars

Banned
    Ok its pretty obvious what he's trying to say and in theory it works.

User insults everyone: in theory we let it slide to the bottem.

User insults everybody: In reality people get annoyed and he replies trying to annoy individuals, they get mad and reply thus creating a worthless long always on top thread.

So Im just saying basically we would all love it to stop but it probably aint gonna happen.

Wishful thinking I call it!

Senior since the 3 dot era

Re: Ennis

Wishful thinking I call it!
    unless most of the people follow the theory.

Banned
    Originally posted by VictorKaum
    unless most of the people follow the theory.
    They wont

PH33R human nature and group dynamics! I thought of an anti-post, which brings the thread down five spaces as a form of protest, but that won't work for a variety of reasons. Maybe we can vote on a thread's flame-level... :P Nah, nix that too, it just won't work given that new threads can always be created...

I think there isn't anything that can be done about it without moderation, both in the sense of self-moderation and in the sense of forum moderation. <insert shameless private forum plug here>.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    Terr I hear the Private Forums will be up around Jan 1st or so.

Re: Ennis

In a negative mood Ennis?

You know I'am an idealist, perhaps some dreamer.

(I have a dream)

Banned
    Sorry if I came off that way but its true!

Anyway how can I be negative on Christmas!

LOL

Yep some mistake,
    sorry

Perhaps Negative is negative about Xmas?

well at least someone understands what i was saying now. i have to agree with you ennis.... i don't think that the general public here at ao is going to accept this idea or live by it. but i think that if we, as a group that agrees, all decided to put this theory into practice, we would at least make some difference. if just the few of us started this, it would stop some of the problem.... "it has to start some where, it has to start sometime. What better place then here? What better time then now?" i'm willing to try if you guys are. hopefully if we all start this, maybe we can become leaders by example. it could work in theory