Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: music protection again

Senior since the 3 dot era

Re: Re: Re: VictorKaum

Originally posted by ThePreacher

Few people in the world outside of audiophiles have much concern over signal to noise ratios, as long as they have their full range 5 1/4" speakers that play frequencies between 50 and 16,000 hertz they are happy. No an mp3 will never truly satisfy me, but as an inexpensive alternative to CD's I am happy. However after listening to the Sheffield Coustic Labs setup and test disc in a vehicle equpied with horn loaded compression drivers(not very common in cars) I found myself in desire of only the best in sound quality. Analog signal will not ever compare.
    So we agree?

Horn loaded compression drivers... cool these things are indeed ub3r - 1337. You are a lucky man to have some

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I don't know much about how music is done, etc etc, but I know this:

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers fux0r1ng ROCK for my games!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Originally posted by Vorlin
    I don't know much about how music is done, etc etc, but I know this:

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers fux0r1ng ROCK for my games!
    off course they do: MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 106dB SPL

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Hell yeah! Although I'd be afraid to crank that thing up. It's like my Surround Sound Sony 5.1 system, I keep the volume low. I don't have to have it high at all before the sheetrock starts shaking, hehe...if I went above 20, neighbors three doors down would be listening to the movies.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Red face It doesn't matter ....

This is all pretty much a moot point - the protection degrades the digital audio anyway. So IF someone is totally anal about true digital audio quality sound ..... buy the Audio CD, play it, and don't even bother ripping. You're not going to get that perfect digital quality anymore anyway.

Yeah - you can buy the expensive digital equipment .... but talk about overkill. Why do I want to buy a thousand Euros worth of equipment when I can get a decent sounding MP3 by jacking my Discman into my soundcard and converting it in a few minutes? I like music, but not to that point. And the MP3 portable players - they're nowhere near high-end stereo systems. I guess you'd have to have hearing like Superman (and anal) to hear the difference on them.

A lot of people will groan .... they own the CD, they want it on MP3, etc. But seriously, almost half the people I hear groaning - *don't* own the CDs they're ripping.

Simply Astrid ......
    or sometimes just \"Simple Astrid!\"

A lot of people will groan .... they own the CD, they want it on MP3, etc. But seriously, almost half the people I hear groaning - *don't* own the CDs they're ripping.
    I remember buying a Mudvayne CD in Spain last year - and was surprised to see the audio files were in fact mp3's. Yet your right, your probably not going to get that perfect digical quality anymore. But hell, who really cares...Unless you REALLY like a certain song, or have a small playlist - this really won't effect you. Still, though, Terr has a point...that the music [somehow] gets from your CDPlayer to your speakers - so there's a chance. Yet I really don't think (lets pray people) that a whole new encryption will conquer our music industry, at least not one so powerful that you must trash away your CDplayers (Walkman and PC) and buy this new "advanced hacker-proof CDplayer readable player." ...I don't think people really care. Music is music...whether mp3 or some odd file where the company, if successful, might be a monopoly.

I think people will just find the shortest way of getting it...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]