Thread: Misc. Features / Updates

Banned

Misc. Features / Updates

Greetings All:

I've been tweaking things some today. Here are the latest features / additions to the forums:

* Preview Private Messages Before Sending Them - This was requested a LONG time ago in the suggestions forum. I finally have it done. Enjoy!

* How many posts since your last visit on forum homepage - you'll see this in the "Your Account" box.

* Total users online - under the "Site Status" box

* Who Posted - Visit any one of the forums and click on the # of replies for any one of the threads. Click on the # of posts next to a username in the "Who Posted". The result: you will get a page looking and behaving exactly like showthread for that thread, however it will include ONLY posts by that specific poster.

* Shrink Old Posts In Thread - Posts you have already read in a thread, will show up with their header only, This is user selectable via the 'Edit Site Options' page under the "Your Account" box on the front page. This is off by default. A link at the top of the thread offers to "expand all" posts or "contract all" posts. You can also manually expand and contract posts by clicking on the + and - icons next to each poster's name. ONLY WORKS IF YOU USE IE, sorry.....

more to come soon, enjoy!

And the little minus-sign image before each person's name in the post header is part of this? I just noticed them, but they aren't solely at the top of the thread or anything...
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    Greetings:

Yes, the little plus and minus signs are part of that =)

Re: JP

Nice work JP...I'm somehow making time in my day to actually visit this site. It's almost becomming an addiction, if you may. Hehe. Good work, I like it. Keep it going JP.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Banned
    Originally posted by JP
    * Preview Private Messages Before Sending Them - This was requested a LONG time ago in the suggestions forum. I finally have it done. Enjoy!
    Yippie! Thank you

Banned
    I think a humble thank you is in order!

Senior since the 3 dot era

thx

Thank you JP

Fun

Thanks JP! A blessed day to all