Well after reading the worlds longest thread, I went to go else where on the internet. I also actually read the stupid posts that hehbris put up. God I hope no one replies to those. Anyway Hope you all had a good christmas and have a happy new year. Here is your late news!

Well reading lots about anti-virus companys latley and figuring out what they actually do and how one defeates a computer virus. Somthing of intrest. I went to numerous sites and found somthing interesting in the news

[URL=http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1723000/1723447.stm]

Broadband net users in the UK who are worried that their PCs could be subverted by malicious hackers can now let anti-virus companies keep an eye on their machines for them.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea actually but yes there is a butt, as many of you know virus companys suck. They personally decided what is a virus and what is not. They make the decsions for you. Basically if Microsoft did this "a free scan" it would declare all you linux users as having a computer virus and recoment that you buy Windows. It's another way to control what goes on your computer.

For a monthly fee, subscribers get anti-virus software and a firewall designed to keep personal information on a PC secure.
This also caught my eye

For a monthly fee
Many company's actually do this type of thing. They hire a company to do this. Bringing this to the home user seems like a great idea doesn't it? Yeah right trust me I would rather buy the pretty little box with free Virus updates at my comp usa then trust it to a company who wants to charge me to keep my computer online, and protect it when I'm not there or even if I am there.

Now I know many people and even little kids today are getting pretty involved in computers. Normal Soccer Mom's probably would like this. But if you have a computer.

Get a firewall. Get some sort of Virus Protection. GetUpdates. Get Patches for you software! Read the NEWS!