Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let the New Year bring productivity!

PHP/PostgreSQL guy

Talking Let the New Year bring productivity!

Since I'm in the Eastern Time Zone in the US, the new year hasn't hit me yet...

I say, with 2002 right on the horizon, we stuff the old garbage that's plaguing the forums now and move on to a better year with actual productive stuff. Be gone with all grudges, forget past annoyances, and let's just get on with what this site's created for, and that's security on multiple OSes, application, hardware, and anything else...

So...who's with me on this?
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Banned
    Of course.

Sounds like a good thing to do to start the new year

solidarity brother

I'm there, dude!
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Absolutely, the more security discussions the better.

Happy New Year!!
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

sounds good to me..... maybe I should post here more often
    01010111 01101001 01110010 01100101 01100100

No, I don't think we should do that. If anything, I think we need MORE flaming in this forum. After all, it gives everybody something to fuss about, and it's SO entertaining! That's why I like oblio and chemical so much. They're always good for a quick laugh.

NOTE: Just so everything's clear and I don't get flamed, that was a joke.

Well, it's a great idea... making the forums more "on topic". I hate to burst your bubble, but it'll never happen. Just like the IRC chat will never be on security. We'll continue to have flame-fests, and "geniuses" like oblio and chemical TO flame. But it's certainly worth a try.

HaPpY nEw YeAr!

--PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking

I have to agree with more security and networking posts (one must understand networking to a degree to understand security). I'd like to see more intermediate to higher end postings. Heck, someone posted a nice one on Kerberos and no one replied (I need to get my paper on Kerberos up on my website since JP doesn't allow for graphics).

Anyways, a happy new year to all.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

good idea.thats another new year's resolution that i'll try to stick to.........cross ya fingers............................happy new year!!!!!!!!!!