Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secure Email Transport Authentication Protocol

Pricing issue

No doubt about it....it seems to be an unique protty. Question is are you planning on implementing this by seat or server? If you force people to purchase the server software and system....are you going to provide unlimited client licensing? Reason being, this would seem to be a rather costly idea for security if corps had to pay for each individual system that needs to sendmail. Also, where is the redundancy? Most exchange servers have the option in case the main server is bogged down or taken down for other reasons. Will your software support the idea of load balancing or backup? Just some ideas.

Cordially,

Sp1d3r

Good question.
    The package price will include a 100 user license, with volume discounts for additional blocks of 50. I imagine that to be a fair setup.

Where I'm having trouble is, now that I've built the thing, how do I sell it? Damn it, Jim! I'm a programmer, not a salesman, lol.

Ideas?

Why worry about the marketing if you can have others do it for you? Try selling this idea to larger companies that already have a name base. Or, start marketing with as many innovative ideas as possible. I was commenting on the fact this product has real potential. Issue is that people tend to stay away from anything proprietary because it requires specific design of a network. I understand that this is client/server software. But instead of selling it on a set system......package it as normal software sold with unlimited licenses. You can hamper the options for various levels of the software to make more $. A lower end version of your software would make it more ideal for those that are looking for a quick fix. Maybe the downsized version would have the encryption of the upper end but does not have the random port assignments? Also, support contracts for your software can be sold (this could include maintenance and upgrades). Just some ideas....

Cordially,

Sp1d3r

Sp1d3r- W0lf,

Thank you for your honesty and advice during these discussions. Your input has actually helped me to make decisions that needed to be made regarding my work.

In my own small way of showing my gratitude I would like to offer to you a full registered 100 user license release of SETAP Server and Client Suite.

I'd like for you to kick it around, sniff it, try to crack it, give it the test of ots life as I am fully confident that if used as intended, SETAP will hold its own and will protect itself.

Please email me at ctdtek@hotmail.com for instructions on where to download it from. You must first have BlackIce Defender installed on your server. If you need help with that I will also provide that

PS... I also developed the TRAP protocol (IANA Reserved Port 4020), if you've heard of it. It is a secure replacement for NTP.

Thank you,
    Michael Vaughn
    Developer
    SETAP