Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Day Another Euro.

Well Finland and pretty much Scandinavia has allways been expensive, well at least to us Dutch
    The fun part about the Euro now, is to try and collect all the coins, every country has a diffrent set.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    The Euro money has some advantages:

1) You don't need to change money when crossing EU country borders.
    2) The money is logical consistent (small = small value, big = big value)
    3) You could better compare prizes.

The real bad thing about it is that the prizes increased.

Nevertheless: I think we (EU ppl) better could give up our own coins and stuff and stick together.

Post Euro

I'm not gonna make any statements yet on the good/bad thing about the Euro. I must admitt having mixed feelings about it, but so did I when I oppened my bankaccount on the Caiman Islands with all my dollars I won playing Blackjack, 21, Roulette, etc..... but that's another story

Guess every medal has its positive and negative side. We'll just have to wait and see............and at the end concurre the world and eventually we will make it of gold and stamp it with the face of Romanof Emperor or.........why not put my face on it

But I'll let you all know when that happens.

i must admit i love the australian currency.....see the 10 dollar note has a famous poem written really small and when i was young i used to use a microscope to read it(passes time!).anyway i must admit also that i don't like the queen being on my coins-then again i'd hate JONHIE HOWARD(pm)to be on my coins............any views??????

Post Euro

Apparently, it's 'start date' has bred some problems...

I've heard that multiple money laundering rings are counterfeiting Euros and exchanging them for US Dollars...

And on a side note...Italy has had so many problems that there are only enough 'real' Euros available (due to counterfeiting and such) to fund only 30% of the ATMs in that country...

Bad idea, announcing the release having such (apparently) lax security on the form and composition of it...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

I life in canada so i am unaffected by the euro, however I think that soon enough with the canadian dollar so low, we will just have to have a combined currency with the US and prices will skyrocket

damn

the coins sux the paper money sux it's way to small those stupid things i love the guldens i want them back this ugly money called the euro sux bigtime believe me
    hip hop rules

the papers are too damn small

the first new-money I lay'd my hands on was the 10, later I had a 5 and a 20... they're so *****ing tiny...

I hated the idea when it was still just an idea...

damn the euro

damn the prices
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

pff

people calm down a little bit
    its just money
    what the **** do you all care what it looks like

and about the prices going up, that aint so bad, you are talking about cents. and because we can pay with cents now we will never pay more then the real price like we used to do, with five cents (stuivers)

I personnally dont give a **** about the money change, it can only be good for the economics, and I dont have to change money everytime I go international

a more intresting subject is: do you also think that europe will outstrip The US of A, cause I really hope so.. and it will probably be so.. (if I have to believe all those ministers)

well this should cause some comotion under the american AO members
    GOD invented evolution \'cause he couldn\'t do it all by himself.

If we were to listen to the majority of the economist they say the Euro will gain parity with the US Dollar by June/July and then get stronger, therefore torism from Europe will go up strengthening the US economy.