Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linux Development

From what I hear they are working on a Linux, and they just put out AOL instant messenger for linux. Which will be pretty cool. Hogfly said ATT works with Linux I'm going to look into that.

If you're looking at compiling Java into machinecode on Linux, it can be done with GCJ. It supports many exciting things, like networking, but not the GUI yet. But they're working on it.

But of course, C++ is just as good, and perhaps better for Linux. I like Java because of the portability and simplicity, but for some work you might be better off using something else.
    ---
    proactive

Originally posted by freeOn
    I use AOL. yeah yeah laugh as much as you guys want. But it provides a good service. Anyway I don't pay the bill, and I didn't pick the ISP out. So I'm not to blame. My mother is a mainstream yuppie she has to have what everyone else has. It's not fair but she thinks it's great.
    IIRC, there's an AOL dialer included with RH 7.1.. I'm pretty sure it's there, unfortunately I just tore down the box I had it installed on.

I have to reinstall at home, so I can check it out then.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?