Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMD or pentium4

p4 vs amd xp

i got a p4 1,8ghz 256mb rimm and geforc3 and stuff but i think the amd xp 1800+ is better it also really depends on you'r motherbord i think i would take a amdxp 1800+ with a nice msi motherbord this pc was apresent so i had'nt have a choice

greets
    darkadon
    hip hop rules

amd??

I would go for AMD,you can better overclock it
    Bill has the key to the \'blue\' screen
    by tux

dont have a clue of what u guys are talking about or even where i am at just thought since i have pentium 4 this seems like a good place to say hi. so hi everyone now i will leave because u guys are way over my head when it comes to computers i was just looking around at different things and come across this site any byeeeeeeee

AMD Athlon XP

Over the past month I've been researching over the net on which processor is currently superior, as I am wanting to build up a new PC for myself. I'm no expert, but all hardware sites that I have gone to come out saying that the Athlon XP is head over heals better then Intel P4 at the moment.

In most benchmarks I've seen, the Athlon XP 1700+ out performs the Intel P4 2GHz.

Greg

AMD all the way

I have built both AMD and Pentiums. Pentiums have always ran slower. I have had a pentium II 300 that ran slower than a AMD 200.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Talking AMD

AMD without a doubt. And as for the ppower consumption (heat) just don't be stupid and remove the heatsink while in use. seems a simple enough thing..
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson