Okay, well there are already patches and hotfixes for microsnarfs new universal plug and play technology... Never cared much for XP or ME myself but after reading up on the technology.... it could prove useful and take off in the future.

So the idea is more along a home automation tilt (so M$ is a little slow, *nix gurus have been playing with home auto. for quite a while now... but simpler technology means it might hit everybody's home soon...) This may prove to be a good thing for those of us who are up on the tech early on. Praise the end user as they are the ones who give us job security I always say. And for you developers and hardware engineers.... jump in now, theres nothing on the market yet.

For the rest of us who like to play, upnp is designed to use a modified IP protocol stack, and has the capability to use a wide range of mediums over its physical layer (from what I've gathered so far USB, Firewire, Ethernet, and infrared are the most prominent). Naturally, it being geared toward the end user the core controls will be html or xml based. Look into it...

universal plug and play forum site

Figured some of you might find it interesting!

~THEJRC~