Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computer Related Injuries

since the thread keeps rolling here I might as well report two near misses

I was checking out an HP palmtop a while back, when I pluged it in it somehow decided to shoot a spiffy three inch flame in my face.... thank god this hippy had his hair tied back!!!

I've also dealt with a fritzy APC 3000 UPS..... plugged it in and turned to talk to a coworker when all we heard was a loud pop and a long sizzle... used up two fire extinguishers on that thing....

~THEJRC~
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I have gotten shocked a little bit, and dropped the computer case on my toes a couple times, but no more injuries than that.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Unhappy

Originally posted by casper3699
    My related injuries are case bites, shock. Using computers I sometimes get a sore neck from being in front of the computer too long with out moving.
    I can sympathise with the sore neck bit especially - ever woken up after falling asleep for a few hours in front of keyboard while working late at night?
    They say the pen is mightier than the sword, the poet will never call the tyrant lord. But when the blade is raised, what will you do? When all you\'ve got is a pen and they\'re coming after you.
    Attila the Stockbroker