Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hope to god this doesnt become a trend.

Originally posted by Terr
    So let's concentrate on the big ones, eh? (Excepting the case of Bio/Chem/Nuke warfare, where the plane would be a delivery vehicle.)
    Originally posted by Remote_Access_
    Oh and Terr, smaller planes like that one that was hijacked, can be just as damageing as the larger ones if equiped with bio chemical diseases and ****.
    Yes, I thought of that.

RA, Diablo, can we all just get along? I was halfway through the thread before I realized you two even had some sort of arguement going on. Let's just say that we all said some things which could have been stated in a better way, eh?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Thumbs up

The real problem here is that
    people say "WE should do this
    or that to solve some social ill,
    but there is no WE.
    I speak for myself. I try to reason
    with other people of good will.
    "WE" is the tool of tyrants.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

So you want increased security at every single airport on Earth? Great idea, but it'll never work. There are simply way too many municipal airports and small airstrips to stand there and wave a gun in the face of everyone who wants to fly. Sorry, Remote_Access_, but I'm gonna disagree with you one this one. Just cause Neg's gone does not mean that you get to step up and humiliate yourself by trying to flame. You just don't have the Negative touch. You think that you can argue your side of the case simply by obnoxiously loud ignorance? I'd encourage you to think again. For the moment, I'm not going to go back and shoot holes in your little argument, but I'd be more than happy to do so later.

Oh, and even if it were possible to put security at every single airport, terrorists would simply find another mode of transportation. For example (this is a non-terrorist event, but could have been made into one with a bit of planning): this past weekend, a fuel tanker truck crashed into the supports of an interstate overpass here in Birmingham. The flames from the fuel in the tanker melted the bridge, and, until it was torn down yesterday, I believe, it was drooping to within 6 feet of the road underneath. Now, if a terrorist timed that right, they could have taken many lives from cars on the overpass. Or they could've targeted a building. I'm afraid that plugging one of the holes in the dike is not going to stop the others from leaking.

Remote-- keep in mind that I have nothing against you. Just against your posts on a topic that you obviously know nothing about. "It's not personal. Just buisiness."

--PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Post PhirePhreak

So you want increased security at every single airport on Earth?
    Great idea, but it'll never work.
    * Of course it won't. But it's a great idea none the less.

There are simply way too many municipal airports and small airstrips to stand there and wave a gun in the face of everyone who wants to fly.
    * Yes there is but letting 15 year olds solo bord a plane is rediculus. Again, where was the correct supervision? Dose a 15 year old takeing a solo fligh not frighten you?

Sorry, Remote_Access_, but I'm gonna disagree with you one this one.
    * No biggie.. Everyone has their own opinions.

Just cause Neg's gone does not mean that you get to step up and humiliate yourself by trying to flame.
    * Ok hold up. I am in no way humiliated. If any thing you would think that you would learn something from the flames of Negative is that he resopnded to each remark with his own statements.

You just don't have the Negative touch.
    * No. But I've learned from the best. I have my own way of responding to post like yours and diablos.

You think that you can argue your side of the case simply by obnoxiously loud ignorance?
    * No but it caught your attention didn't it?

I'd encourage you to think again.
    * Well, thanks for the encouragement but I don't need it.

For the moment, I'm not going to go back and shoot holes in your little argument, but I'd be more than happy to do so later.
    * Please do.

Oh, and even if it were possible to put security at every single airport, terrorists would simply find another mode of transportation.
    * Indeed they would. I didn't say that they wouldn't/couldn't. I even mentioned another method used for terrorism.

For example (this is a non-terrorist event, but could have been made into one with a bit of planning): this past weekend, a fuel tanker truck crashed into the supports of an interstate overpass here in Birmingham. The flames from the fuel in the tanker melted the bridge, and, until it was torn down yesterday, I believe, it was drooping to within 6 feet of the road underneath. Now, if a terrorist timed that right, they could have taken many lives from cars on the overpass. Or they could've targeted a building. I'm afraid that plugging one of the holes in the dike is not going to stop the others from leaking.
    * Good example. I see your point.

Remote-- keep in mind that I have nothing against you. Just against your posts on a topic that you obviously know nothing about. "It's not personal. Just buisiness."

*PhirePhreak--I have nothing against you either. Just against your posts. "It's not personal. Just buisiness."

Remote_Access_

acidphreak
    I must agree with El Diablo to a point in his last post.

The US tightned the security of the big air planes as well as they could but thier aint much you can do to the smaller ones. There are just to many and not enough man power or money to totally secure this stuff from happening. Man the kid killed himself and he supported Bin Laden.. **** like that happens and you cant stop it all... Common you cant make it so people do not have access to things to cause mass destruction like a plane can.. just be thankfull he did not kill anyone elese. If the kid used a car to run into a building to kill himself not as many people would have cared cause it wouldnt have reminded us of 9-11 , but you have to understand everthing happens for a reason. Be glad he didnt grab some guns and make some low level bombs and go to school and start blowing away kids. Better his own sick self then anyone elese.

-NetBioM

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Figured I'd add something that a lot of you probably don't have any idea about. This is dedicated to those who think that we're being a bit 'racist' towards some people due to the attacks.

This so-called "security" that's going on now...it's a lot worse in the middle east. Having lived 10 years in Saudi Arabia (Jeddah), I can safely say that we still have it incredibly easy compared to americans working over there. All your ****'s searched top to bottom when you go into the airport, and when you leave. Sometimes, we had our **** searched while waiting for the plane. As for the freedom of speech by saying you don't like it etc etc...that's out the door too. As an american, you didn't say **** to the guards because they frankly didn't give a rat's ass about your possessions or whatnot. And guess what, if you DID cause a scene, they'd haul your ass to jail (where you do NOT want to go) or just harass you long enough to miss your plane. Are we getting the picture yet that there's a much broader level of discrimination here? They don't LIKE americans, they never HAVE liked americans, and they aren't GOING to like americans. This is the majority of the muslim people (which means men most likely due to the fact that the women are one step away from slavery by some people's definition). This isn't for all btw, just a lot of them. Had some nice silverware my mom and dad got for their anniversary one year that was still in the box and wrapped up in the suitcases. Guess what happened when we hit customs in Dhahran? You got it! Customs said that it was illegal and they took it. Just like that. No ifs ands or buts, just took it. See aforementioned "you ain't saying **** to them" comment if you're asking what my parents did about it.

I think we can safely say that for those of you who think we're being racist...you have no fscking clue. Spend time over there and you'll get a big wakeup call, I guarantee you that.

And you know what else is good? Amidst all that ****, there was only ONE attempt on a Saudia Airlines plane in the entire time I ever flew with them (all 10 years). It was a guy on the plane saying he had a bomb...plane was landed (he's still saying he had a bomb) and when the "security" came in (with AK 47's), they beat the living crap out of him in front of everyone and drug him away to the tune of everyone cheering. We then took back off and had a very quiet ride...

We need to do that. We also need to close the borders except for Canada and Mexico. What? That'd be unfair to everyone, you say? Ok, make it so you have to have a visa to get into the country. Not a ****ing green card, not an H1B, a visa...because once again, in SA, you had to have a visa if you weren't muslim, or from/born there. And you only got a visa for BUSINESS, not tourism. You didn't GO there for vacation (apparent as to why, eh?).

Anyways, maybe now things will start changing...seems we have to have major crises happen before we wake the fsck up and realize we have a problem.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Remote_Access_

Well, I must admit, your reply did have several good points. The only downside to your comments that I have to make at this time is about the following quote:
    There are simply way too many municipal airports and small airstrips to stand there and wave a gun in the face of everyone who wants to fly.
    * Yes there is but letting 15 year olds solo bord a plane is rediculus. Again, where was the correct supervision? Dose a 15 year old takeing a solo fligh not frighten you?
    I'm sixteen, and I've been flying since I was fourteen. There is nothing wrong with that. I read about this one girl who soloed at age nine. That's fine, if you have the proper training. And he snuck into the plane while the instructor was filing some paperwork or something.

--PhirePhreak *yawn*
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Talking !Ph1r3phr34k

"I'm sixteen, and I've been flying since I was fourteen.There is nothing wrong with that. "
    - There's not as long as you've had the proper training and supervision. There should at least be 2 guards there. They need some sort of security other than encourageing them not to steal their aircraft.

"I read about this one girl who soloed at age nine. That's fine, if you have the proper training."
    - Ok, I suppose it's good but I would just like to stress the emphasis on THE PROPER TRAINING

"And he snuck into the plane while the instructor was filing some paperwork or something. "
    - That's why they need some sort of partoll man or guard.
    Nice arguement though.

Remote_Access_

To whoever it was that asked(while giving me negative antipoints) where I got my phd in psychology.

I dont have one. duh.. you ass

but, where the **** did you get your PHD in psychology, that you know enough, or are expert enough in the subject to question me about my opinion.

\with a bit of experience with kids/teenagers, you can begin to get an idea of how things work.

At a certain age, kids/teens generally begin to show disdainfor their parents, that is the way things normally are, for boys anyway.

But a proper parent can pretty much see through this, and get a general idea of what is going on inside the kids head. A teen that has suicidal tendencies, is definitely a noticeable thing. Obviously this kid did, unless you think that the kid was so ****ing stupid that he thought he could fly an airplane into a building, and walk away from the ****ing thing.

Any parent of a kid involved with something like this, whether it is flying an airplane into a building, or deciding that he/she wants to go out "in style" by shooting and bombing their classmates, is definitely at some level responsible for the actions of the kid. By law.

At the very lowest level, the parent is responsible in the following sense. A child, under the age of 18(in the US anyway) is not responsible by law. A child under 18 cannot enter into a legally binding contract. etc.. etc.. etc..

I have 0 respect for anyone that gives negative antipoints to someone because of an opinion. If I give bad advice, or answer a question with a completely false answer, or if I "FLAME" you for no good reason, thats fine, give me all the negative points you want, but if you give them just cause you dont like my opinion GO **** YOURSELF.

not that antipoints are a big deal, but, come one. this is a computer security site, oftent there are threads which are off topic, like this one, dole out positive or negative antipoints based on posts which are on topic.

I read somewhere that this kid was on some sort of acne medication that's been known to cause depression and suicide. Anyone else heard bout this? If this med story is true, then his parents might not have much (if any) advance warning signs. Well, just contributing what new knowledge I have found.

--PhirePhreak