Thread: "how can i make my icon"

Unhappy "how can i make my icon"

hello hacker friends

almost every of the honorable members of this site have a icon associated with their name like he-man icon for ennis,, well how can i creat my own icon under my name,,can anyone suggest how one can do it,, plzzz
    thanx

life is an icecream eat it before it melts
    vpandiya

Banned
    Well you can upload an avatar after I think 45 posts not sure, cant remember. Its on the main page in your options.

Talking Re: Icon

Yups. After 45 post you can make your own custom icon. But you can still add one from the list under the Edit avatar option.
    And I think that after 50? post you become a member. After 100? post you become a senior member.

Remote_Access_

Thumbs up

How do you actually create them?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

There are instructions next to the uploading area, but basically you need to find/make a .jpg or .gif file (most common) and upload it. Or download it from somewhere else to your hard drive, THEN upload it.

I mean, it's making or finding a 50x50 or smaller graphic that you like, it's not that arcane and mystical.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Thumbs up

cool
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

if by 'create them' you mean make your own, you need a decent graphics program, preferably one with the ability to resize an object. that way you could work larger for more detail then shrink it down to 50 x 50. paint shop pro is real good for that kind of work, it even has an animation studio or if you feel like spending some money get corel draw, thats really sweet.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted by Terr
    There are instructions next to the uploading area, but basically you need to find/make a .jpg or .gif file (most common) and upload it. Or download it from somewhere else to your hard drive, THEN upload it.

I mean, it's making or finding a 50x50 or smaller graphic that you like, it's not that arcane and mystical.

i was also trying the same thing...but i am not able to find it how??
    terr where can i find some good gif animator programmes or something useing which i can create my own animated icons.

and where is the upload option....psl help me...

intruder....

Re: Re: Icon

Originally posted by Remote_Access_
    Yups. After 45 post you can make your own custom icon. But you can still add one from the list under the Edit avatar option.
    And I think that after 50? post you become a member. After 100? post you become a senior member.

Remote_Access_
    I don't think it's 50 to become a member cuz lookie at me! I'mma Member!
    -[h3llbringer] is back, again.
    -MSN CLoNE.

yeah, me pretty sure it's when you get 30 posts, you get the 'Member' status - as I got 30 posts up recently and became one.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester