Thread: Linux-NTFS Project

Linux-NTFS Project

Linux has for a while supported Windows NTFS partitions but it has been a lack of modules supporting Windows Dynamic Disks and Windows XP NTFS partitions. I have found a project working with NTFS support for Linux, you can find more information and downloads here.

For the moment am I working on a floppy dist with fat32 and ntfs support as a recover disk for 9x, NT, 2k, and XP systems.

If someone else has links or information about Linux and NTFS support please post it here at AO or send me a private message :-).

Thumbs up

hi.

Your idea of a 9X+NTFS rescue floppy is great. I personnaly made one, but this is running a Windows 98 boot disk + the NTFS for DOS pro from sysinternals => http://www.sysinternals.com

If you need help/software concerning that W9X+NTFS boot disk, please PM me.

Otherwise, I would be interested into the results you had with a Linux based floppy, so please follow this thread with results !!

Thanks !

hantiz./
    Linoux c\'est de la bombe bébé !

I would be happy if someone has a suggestion about what kind of tools to include on a recovery disk for 9x/NT/2K/XP. Please include links to source or precompiled tools if there are any available.

This will be a low priority project since there are several "alive" projects available already. I have not found any floppy dist with support for XP yet, but I guess it's only a matter of time.

Thanks Hantiz for your nice words and support :-).