Thread: Yahoo Messenger Chat

Angry Yahoo Messenger Chat

I am a frequent visitor of Yahoo! Chat and I like to go into chat through the Messenger program. However as of late someone has made a program that causes yahoo messenger to get Fatel Exception errors. Not only kicking you out of chat but making you have to do a hard boot as well. I was hoping that maybe someone out there would have an idea as on how to prevent this from happening, while i was in messenger. I have the sites that the people get the fatal exception program from, because when they load the program it provides a link to the site where they got it. I also have Black Ice as my firewall and have set the yahoo messenger to friends only and am still getting knocked off when they run the program. Any one have any suggestions? Thanks!
    Dustpuppy_99

The only way that I think you can stop some of it is to click ignore on that user. I have been in a few of the chat rooms and havent had any troubles from those programs. Although yahoo messenger is screwing up sometimes but that is not from that program. Or report them to yahoo see if they will do anything.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

hmmmmm are you sure that it is an evil program causing the fatal OE? Post the exact error message so we can take a look at it.

acidphreak
    i dont use yahoo messenger chat but i know that AIM has a function to ignore everyone that isn on ur buddy list, so if the user isnt on ur budy list they wont be able to punt u. thats a way to filter out most idiots unless the idiot is on ur list. I have a program called AIM filter and it filters out known punters for AIM and also has punters and errors built into it to use on other people. It works very well and can even cause memory errors on someone u target.

I have set my messenger to friends only and have ignored the people comin in the room that I don't know as well. Still get the error message which is Fatal Exception OE at 0028:C003CB32 in VxD IOS(01)+0000146E. Also this is what the other people get when the person runs the code henceforth not a yahoo messenger issue.
    Dustpuppy_99

tigger9265

Angry

I too visit Yahoo! Chat occassionally and go into chat through the Messenger program. I know how annoying this is because it has happened to me. And on the same lines of Yahoo! Chat, for a little over two years, member(s) of Yahoo have taken on the identity of me and stalking me under inappropriate user ids.

Could be that it is one of these members doing this. Some of the user ids you might be on the watch out for, especially if you visit the Georgia or Atlanta chat rooms would be just_a_pyschotic_cat or tigger_is_mental_patient_ beth. There are at least 100 + ids these stalker has created.

Some chatters will even tell you in the room that I'm doing this myself. Well, rest assured I'm not this person, although my name is "Beth". I am so sick and tired of Yahoo not doing their job and suspended members permanantly who violate terms of service (TOS).

So if your a member of Yahoo and you too are a victim of internet stalking, I would like to put a group together sometime and see if we can't put a stop to all of this once and for all.

I am not a big "chatter" myself, but once in a while when I get bored I chat on Yahoo using the Web client, and not the IM program. I have never had any problems from people when they try to use those booter programs either. Most of them are aimed towards the IM program. So, if all else fails, disable the IM program when chatting, and use the Web client instead.