Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $1M if you break Oracle 9i

Re: comments

You have a good point there nietzsche.
    Either way it goes it's in favor for 0racle. First the claim that it's "unhackable" is going to draw alot of attention from the media, businesses, and of course hackers. Second, if 9i is compromised, hacked, has a hole, etc. then 0racle will probably get even more attention.

"ORACLE 9i HACKED BY [insert alias here]!"

Then that's even more time in the spot light. They get to do interviews, reports, etc. on how it was hax0red and then they fix it.. what happens after that? Third, most companies and orginizatins that use 0racle will most likely buy the latest version or some sort of upgrade/add on so that they won't be vulnerable to that security flaw any more, thus makeing even more money and getting more advertisement from the media and other sources. Just my opinion.

Remote_Access_

/me agrees whole heartedly with Remote_Access_.

Although I think that the idea of anything being completely "Unhackable" is absolutely absurd. There is always some sort of flaw in EVERYTHING. It is just a matter of time before someone breaks in *cough* me *cough*

/me thinks my evil scheme to take over the world is set in motion now
    errr....ummm....did I think that out loud?
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

Talking Re: cF_nM

Although I think that the idea of anything being completely "Unhackable" is absolutely absurd. There is always some sort of flaw in EVERYTHING.
    - I agree with you. I think that 0racle knows that also.
    <THEORY> I suppose 0racle programmers and database designers can't find most of the security flaws in their software.. So, they make an arrogant advertisement that encourages people to try and hack/crack/break 9i and if/when they do, they can make an update/new version so more people buy their product..</THEORY>

It is just a matter of time before someone breaks in *cough* me *cough*
    rofl sure, if you did break 9i my hat's off to ya but I seriously doubt it. Positive APs for the effort though.

Remote_Access_

/me takes oracle CD and breaks it.

wheres my $$ ya bastards??

Talking hehe

Oh if only it were that easy... I wish I could just break the cd or use the /me command..

/me breaks 0racle 9i

Whoot whoo! $1M for me!
    rofl Heh, I wish.

Remote_Access_