Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AntiOnline Official E-Zine

Banned

AntiOnline Official E-Zine

Now Ive decided to create a an AO E-Zine. To make it official it must be of high quality as JP is checking it first before it is 'published'

Now I know of many good writers and pretty intelligent people here so I ask if you wish to contribute then send me an e-mail with the text attached you have written.

Now it can be about anything security related, programming, networking and just general writing is gratefully accepted.

I will include parts of tutorials already published here and Im also looking for humour writers too so it isnt too boring!

So if youre interested and would like to be involved send me an e-mail with your text included to be reviewed and hopefully put in the e-zine.

I hope to make this a monthly E-Zine so people will be actively involved.

Well this is the starting point, if you wanna see it happen you know what to do!

Thanking you in advance for your time,
    Ennis.

SUGGESTIONS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME!

Noble Hamlet
    I think I could do some humour, Ill send it soon!

Bout time I started helping instead of annoying!

Banned
    We have our first contributions coming in at the moment from many members and Im still looking for more!

It looks like we will have the following sections:
    • Security
    • Web Development
    • Programming
    • Humour

So if you have anything you want to add relating to these sections or perhaps you feel a new section should be added then please let me know by replying to this thread or sending me a PM.

Banned
    Please if youre bored bump this up so more people can see it.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy

Smile

Good idea...spread the AO word like a plague! Bahahahaa....oh wait...yeah...riiiiight. Anyways, I'll see if there's anything useful I can contribute. Maybe UberC0der, myself, or others could do a security tutorial on securing root on a box (in reference to UberC0der's post). And I'm not just talking a small generalized tutorial. There are lots of those, and they're good (don't anyone get me wrong), but one way to really educate those that're new to the scene need as much detailed help as they can get. Mass contribution to the n3wb13z!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Banned
    Hey Vorlin that would be great and I look forward to any contribution you can can make.

How about a monthly tutorials section? You could take some tutorials contributed by the community, and put them in near the back for those who are interested in that kind of thing.

I would keep the tutorials separate from the other sections only so that you can then get some decent up to date content to inform and create discussion.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Bumping this back up to the top...
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Banned
    How about a monthly tutorials section? You could take some tutorials contributed by the community, and put them in near the back for those who are interested in that kind of thing.
    Its gonna be lots of tutorials, general texts and assorted humour.

This is my last contribution for around 4 or 5 months as I have a big exam here that kinda determines the rest of my life so Ill be taking a back seat from now on.
    I wanna leave a mark and I want this to be a success.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Hope you do good on your exam...it'd be nice to see a community "bulletin" with interesting and learning things in it so that n00bs could learn somewhere without feeling the weighted stress.

*bumps up to top*
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.